The Unexpected Guest

"Praise night?" Tiwa's mom asked after being told by Tiwa about the dinner party disguised as praise night.

"Yes ma. My friends invited me and I thought it would be great to attend since we're going to praise the Lord" Tiwa elaborated.

"Which church is that? Where is it located? And why are you just telling me now?" She rained questions on Tiwa.

"It's my friend's church at Atan. I doubt you'll let me go" Tiwa deliberately added the later part to trigger her mom's emotion.

"You this girl, why won't I let you attend a church program? Or is there something to it you're not telling me?" Tiwa's mom sensed something fishy.

"No mom. It's just a praise night. Maybe because I do not want to go in the first place that's why I didn't tell you on time. But trust me mom, it's a praise night". Tiwa lied through her teeth.

"You don't want to go in the first place? Tell me, when do you start aversing church programs? Since I'm aware of it now, you have no choice than to attend. And don't forget to pray for us" She said.

"Sure mommy. Thank you" Tiwa said excitedly.

"Okay, go and warm the soup and make eba. It's almost seven O'clock" Tiwa's mom added.

Tiwa nodded, left her mom's room for the kitchen to prepare dinner.

* * *

"We are here" The cab man said bringing Tiwa to the present.

"Hmmm?" Tiwa seems not to have heard the man clearly.

"My money" Demanded the cab man.

"Are we there already?" Asked Tiwa

"Is this not the address you told me?" The cab man replied her question with his.

Tiwa looked around the vicinity to be sure of its location. Until her eyes rested on the church's sign post did she confirmed her arrival.

"It is" Tiwa said as she handed the man her transport fare.

Tiwa alighted from the cab and walked towards the church entrance.
She looked around for that familiar face opon entering the main auditorium and when she was just about to give up on searching and give him a call, she heard that voice.

"Over here Tiwa" Banky waved his hands beckoning on Tiwa to join his table of four where Peter and Okoye also sat.

Tiwa walked over rather shyly. Shy? "Is this the reaction I'm going to give off. But why of all reactions, shyness?" Tiwa asked herself.

"I'm glad you're here.
I was about to give you a call when I saw your figure.
Sorry for making you search for me, I should have awaited your arrival by the roadside and bring you in myself. I'm I forgiven?" Banky met Tiwa half of the way to the table, held her hand and said.

"Of course! You're forgiven" Tiwa said stealing a glance at the hand that held hers. She couldn't help being shy.

"Okay, let's go. You look amazing in this outfit" Banky praised her look.

"Thank you. You look good too" Tiwa also complimented his.

"Not as good as you" Said Banky.

"Don't be naughty, you're a male, I'm a female. Definitely, our outfits and looks will be different and each of us is unique"
Tiwa stated as she thought of the struggles she went through before deciding on the dress.

Tiwa's outfit was a long black dinner gown that accentuated her curves well, suited her fair complexion, sat firmly on her cleavage and a bit off-shoulders. Tiwa's earrings, wristwatch bag and heels were matched - golden. Her face wasn't made up - just a shiny lip gloss, her brows were well curved as well as her natural eyelashes.

Of course! Tiwa did not leave home dressed like this, she actually branched her neighboring friend's house to change into this. This, she begged her neighbor, to be kept as a secret from her mother.

Banky, Peter and Okoye all put on a well suited suits that added to their handsomeness.

"Have your sit" Banky said pulling out the chair at the front of his for Tiwa as soon as they got to their table.

Tiwa sat and exchanged pleasantries with Peter and Okoye. They talked about their days in secondary school - The good and the bad days. This took away Tiwa's shyness and she allowed herself to relax and be her real self but she still couldn't help stealing glances and smiling at Banky every now and then even when it's not necessary.

Unbeknownst to Tiwa, Banky also secretly likes her and had prepared this dinner date as a bait to finally woo Tiwa to him.
He had informed Peter and Okoye of his plan so that they can help persuade Tiwa in case she refuses his proposal.

Out of nowhere, Banky reached for Tiwa's left hand which was resting on the table. Tiwa's eyelashes flickered at this gesture and butterflies dance joyfully in her belly.

"Don't you think something is missing?" Banky teased.

"I don't get you, what do you mean?" Tiwa asked.

"I mean a ring will go well with this" He pointed at her beautiful metacarpals.
"A golden ring will go well with the wristwatch" He added.

Tiwa was lost for words. "What is he saying? What is he trying to insinuate?" Tiwa thought to herself but couldn't placed her hand on whatever it could be.

While Tiwa was in this state of reverie and Banky was lovingly staring at her, Peter's voice rang out: "See who we have here? Tacha"

"I thought you said you aren't coming?" Okoye asked.

"Well, there's always a change of mind right?" Tacha replied.

"Hi Banky. It's been a while and I've missed you" Tacha said.

"Hi! How have you been?" He replied.

"Not being very good without you. Won't you ask me to come and sit?" Said Tacha.

Tacha deliberately acted this coyed with Banky because Tiwa was present. She is aware of the fact that Banky likes Tiwa, not her. But she wouldn't allow Tiwa take away the person she also likes. No! Not when she's still alive.