Tacha Lost Face

"Me? Is it not you that always act like you do not like me especially when Tacha is around you".

"When did I act like that?" Banky couldn't believe it. He felt his intention should already be known to Tiwa but she had no idea?

"Alright, let's not argue. I'm glad we have each other now" Banky added.

"I'm glad too" Tiwa said as she lovingly stare at Banky. She couldn't believe their new status with each other now.

She's won him while Tacha has lost him. "What a lovely achievement" She thought.

Okoye couldn't believe his ears, Banky actually came out to execute his plan while he and Tacha were at ease he wouldn't, because of Tacha's presence.

"What an irony?" Okoye, who had suspected something fishy after Peter returned to the table, came out himself and stumbled on Banky and Tiwa. He hid himself well and eavesdropped on everything that was said.

He quickly brought out his phone to inform Tacha. When Tacha's phone beeped with a message, she thought it was the normal network message of 'You have something something MB remaining' but was dumbfounded when she read the content.

"Banky did what? He proposed to Tiwa and not her?"

Enraged with anger, Tacha stormed out of the church and headed to where Okoye had asked to meet him in the text he sent.

Peter was stunned by Tacha's action. He decided to follow her out in an attempt to find out what triggered her emotions. He had no idea it was because Banky proposed to Tiwa. If not, he would have just remained on his seat. He never liked Tacha's behavior to begin with.

"Banky why? Why not me? With everything I've done. I even left my exam undone to be here but you still don't want me? Tacha said as she sobbed.

"Tacha, you cannot blame me. Perhaps, you can blame my heart. You know it's Tiwa that my heart wants but you decided to stick to me even though you knew." Banky explained.

"And why would you leave your exam to come here. I remembered I didn't pester you to come when you said you couldn't make it" Banky chastised.

"That's a stupid act, left an exam because of a dinner night? Tacha, do you think at all?
And why would you change your mind at the last minute?
Did someone inform you of Banky's plan?" Peter asked.

"Okoye, I suspect you." Peter said as he reached out to Okoye and snatched his phone.
Gbam! He saw the texts clearly, the previous and the recent one on the WhatsApp chat log of Okoye and Tacha.

"I thought as much. See what you've caused her. She missed on both sides - an exam and her fantasied love life. What a pity" Peter said rather sarcastically.

Tacha couldn't utter any more words. She has lost face. She sobbed and left quietly.

Tiwa was shocked at the way things turned out - all the revelations; Tacha knew Banky likes her yet she stuck to him like a gum too stubborn to be washed off.

Why is she so unlucky to have a character like her as friend? Tiwa had no idea and could only thank her stars for not being infected with Tacha's way of life.

Tiwa went home very early the next day and acted like nothing happened the night before.

She only fed her mom and her siblings with lies about the dinner party disguised as praise night.

None of them could tell whether she told the truth or not. All they could tell is that she was more lively and jovial than her normal self.

THE END

©® Merci A. Mujidat