02

Lucas' POV

"Is that what you're wearing?" Tori asked me as we stood in the foyer of my house.

I looked down at my outfit before looking back up at her. "Yeah? Why? What's wrong with it?"

"You look like you're about to tell me about the weather." She shakes her head with disapproval. "Xander, can you help him find something more... cooler?"

Xander raised his eyebrows. "Uh, sure."

I figured that wearing formal wear would be appropriate for a birthday party, but I guess I was wrong. In case it wasn't obvious, I rarely go to parties. And by rarely, I mean that I definitely have never been to one before, unless you count school dances.

"I'll be in the kitchen making a snack." She said.

"Okay..." Xander kissed his girlfriend on the cheek before we headed upstairs to my bedroom. I throw open my closet door and gestured for Xander to have a look.

"What exactly do people wear to parties anyways?" I wondered.

Xander was only wearing a pair of blue jeans and a dark t-shirt. Tori, on the other hand, looked like she was going to a festival with her glittery ensemble.

"Here." He handed me a white button-up shirt. "And.... Here." He also handed me a pair of black trousers.

Okay, I guess this is it?

I take the clothes that he handed me and walked to the bathroom so that I could get changed. The pants were a little longer than I expected, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to roll the ends up a bit. I buttoned the shirt all the way up and gave myself a look in the mirror before nodding approvingly.

When I step out of the bathroom, I see that Xander is still waiting in my bedroom.

"Better?" I asked him, showing off my look.

He looked at me, chuckling before rolling his eyes.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked with a pout.

"Here." He says, approaching me. He reaches up and undoes the top two buttons. "There, much better."

I smiled. "Thanks..."

"I'm sure you'll have all the girls whipped." He ruffled my hair.

Yeah... right.

Girls....

We head back downstairs to find Tori snacking on a piece of buttered toast, who nodded approvingly at my outfit before we decided that it was time to leave.

The music they played in the car was rather loud. I wouldn't have minded it so much if the car wasn't literally vibrating with every beat. It felt like I was sitting in an earthquake simulator.

When we arrived at the party, my anxiety skyrocketed. I was so nervous that I felt like I was going to be sick.

I followed closely behind the happy couple as they entered the house that was congested with partygoers. It felt weird being in Bryson's house. I've never been here before, mostly because he just comes over to my place.

"Yo, Xander! My man!" Some guy whose name I didn't know greeted Xander with a fist bump. "What's up?"

"Not much, Dude. What's up with you?" Was Xander's response.

"Booze and boobs." The guy took a swig of his beer.

Gross.

"What's up, Morgan?" Tori greeted the guy with a friendly hug.

"Not much, T." Was Morgan's response. "Who's this guy?" His eyes fall on me.

"This is my best friend, Lucas." Tori said, slinging her arm around my shoulder.