𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐋𝐎𝐊𝐈 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 his cell with a scowl planted on his pale features. His arms were crossed behind his back until he suddenly stopped pacing and turned to look at the person across from the cell. Antoinette had her arms crossed over her chest and was wearing the Black Widow outfit that SHEILD had made for her for her missions with them. Natasha also had her own version of the outfit with her symbol to represent herself. Loki smirked as he caught sight of the woman who had an emotionless look on her face.

"There's not many people who can sneak up on me," Loki murmured as he stared at the woman.

"But you figured I'd come," Antoinette said in an assertive tone.

"After," Loki began as he started to pace around his cage. "After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate." Loki made his way over to the middle of the cell, facing the brunette woman, a wide grin on his lips.

"I want to know what you've done with Agent Barton," Antoinette ignored the God's comment, uncrossing her arms and letting them hang at her sides.

"I would say I've expanded his mind," Loki replied as if it were the most obvious thing.

Antoinette tilted her head to the side as she pondered what the God had said. "And once you've won," The woman started walking closer to the side of the cage. "Once you're king of the mountain," As she stopped in front of the glass wall, staring at Loki, she crossed her arms over her chest again. "What happens to his mind?"

"Oh," A playful smile stretched across Loki's features. "Is this love Agent Sokoloff?"

"Love is for children," Antoinette answered with the same monotone voice. "I owe him a debt."

Loki started walking backwards, keeping his eyes on the woman as the smile slipped from his lips. "Tell me," He stretched his arms out, inviting Antoinette to explain. Loki turned around at sat on the bench that protuded from the wall.

Antoinette tilted her head again, took a breath and then said, "Before I worked with SHIELD, I, uh," The brunette woman took a step back and sat in the chair behind her. "Well, I made a name for myself. I have a very special skill set."

Loki nodded. "Ah yes, Devil's Arrow. I've heard a lot about you-"

"I don't go by that name anymore," Antoinette interrupted the God, a harsh look on her features.

"You may not use that name but the persona will never leave you," Loki clasped his hands together, an insufferable smirk stretching across his face.

"Then I guess I'll have to learn to live with it," Antoinette watched the smirk slip from the God's face for the second time. "Y'know, I didn't care who I used it for, or on," The woman continued. "I got on SHEILD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me. He made a different call."

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?" Loki asked. As much as he hated it, he was intrigued by the woman's past and her new relationship with the Agent. Was it because he related to her? No that couldn't be it. He just pitied her.

The woman smirked. "Not let you out."

"No, but I like this," The smile reappeared again as Loki spoke. "Your world in the balance and you bargain for one man."

"Regimes fall every day," Antoinette answered. "I tend not to weep over that. I'm Russian," She tilted her head again as she considered her words. "Or I was."

"And what are you now?" Loki asked.

Antoinette sighed before placing her hands on her thighs and standing up. "It's really not that complicated," The brunette woman crossed her arms over her chest and stared definitely at the God in front of her. "I got red on my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out."

"Can you?" The question was genuine and it made Antoinette falter. "Can you wipe out that much red? Madam B's daughter? Dreykov? Sao Paulo, the hospital fire, Natalie?" Antoinette swallowed. "Barton told me everything," Loki slowly stood up. "Your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red, and you think saving a man no virtuous than yourself will change anything?" Loki made his way over to the edge of the cage, staring Antoinette down as his voice grew louder and he forced each word out. "This is the basest of sentimentality. This is a child at prayer. Pathetic!" Loki spat the word out, his features crinkling in a frown. "You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are part of you. And they will never stop affecting you, even if you accept them."

Loki slammed an arm against the wall of the cage, the sound echoing loudly in the large room. Antoinette flinched at the noise, uncrossing her arms and taking a step backwards. "I won't touch Barton, not until I make him kill you. Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear," The God watched in satisfaction as fear slipped onto the woman's face. "And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work," Antoinette gagged and spun around. "And when he screams, I'll split his skull." Antoinette to a few steps forward, away from Loki. "This is my bargain you mewling quim."

Loki could hear the woman sniffle and her shoulders shook slightly, her head down as she stared at the floor. Amusement filled his body at the sight. "You're a monster," Came the woman's weak response.

Loki chuckled. "Oh no. You brought the monster." The God dropped his arm from the wall, straightening up. Antoinette turned around, and Loki was surprised to see no tears and no trace of despair. Instead, he saw the hint of a smirk dancing on her lips as she stared at him emotionlessly.

"So, Banner," Loki opened his mouth, about to say something but nothing came out. "That's your play."

"What?" Loki was confused.

The brunette woman turned around and started walking off, bringing a hand to her ear to speak into a communication device. "Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way," Antoinette explained. Loki walked over to the side of his cage, trying to keep the woman in his sight. "Send Thor and Tasha as well," Loki watched as Antoinette stopped and turned to him. "Thank you for your cooperation." She gave the God a small smile before exiting the room, leaving Loki confused and annoyed.

A/N

I feel guilty for stealing Nat's scene but it gives me a chance to show you parts of Nettie's past. 

<3

EDITED: TBA

➸ kelsii.exe has logged out