The tunnel

"Good morning," said Nancy.

"You too." Replied her little sister Evelyn.

The sun was warming up everything and everyone, and its bright light made the kitchen cheerful. Surprisingly, Nancy didn't feel as if to vomit today.

It was a school day, but they still had breakfast slowly and gathered all the family. Their father spoke in a happy voice:

"Should I drop you girls off to school today?"

Nancy was ravenous. She smashed a huge piece of bread in her mouth and couldn't reply for at least ten seconds.

"No need, dad," said Nancy. "We can go by ourselves."

It seems Nancy still had that morning haze, so she couldn't even understand who was in the car with her. She closed her eyes.

When she opened her eyes again, she wasn't in the car anymore. Evelyn was with her. But they weren't in school either.

It was a dark, really dark tunnel. And she was wearing shorts that made her freeze. Not because of the cold, but of fear.

Evelyn held Nancy's hand.

"Nance... Where are we?"

"I don't know.." cried Nancy. She saw a huge candle on a tiny wardrobe.
Nancy got to her feet and lit it up.
The room was like an average bedroom. Not creepy, just dark.

As they wandered in the orange light, Evelyn got more and more quiet.

"Evelyn?" Asked Nancy. "Are you okay?"

The cold grew more and more inside of her every second. Nancy's sight got blurry.

"Nancy, I found a room." Said Evelyn, opening the door. The room had a light but it was odd. Nancy also knew it from somewhere. But how?

The room which they found in another room had a messy bed, tall cupboard, and shelves full of books. Nancy walked towards the shelf and wiped the dust off a book.

War And Peace.

Nancy suddenly realized that this was her room. No teenage girl would read a dusty piece of War and Peace, and leave her bed this messy.

But it looked like someone else was in the room with them. Nancy looked up at the young, pale, boy. He had honeypot blonde hair. Nancy had a feeling he had been in her dreams before.

"We should follow him!" Snapped Evelyn, waking up from her trance. "He's leaving!"

"Oh, right!"

Nancy chased him in her own room, which seemed bigger than usual.
The boy was walking slowly and casually. He didn't look back.

Nancy wasn't cold anymore. The only thing she could think of was saving herself from here. Suddenly, the lights turned on.
Yes, this was her room.

The boy finally stopped. So did Nancy.
He stood against the beige wall and stared forward.
A hole formed on the wall. It was a blurry, purple view. Just like the window glass after the rain stopped pouring.
Nancy had a chance to inspect him closer. His blue eyes were filled with something Nancy couldn't get. Not exactly handsome, but charming.