Too Shy

Too Shy

"It's not really late right?"

RememberOurFirstKiss // All Rights Reserved 2015

One Shot.

--

I was holding my pen while writing the story for my presentation in the room. Everyone is also busy doing some not naturally things. Making out, talking nonsense and bullying.

"Corine, umayos ka nga! You don't look like a lady tuloy." My bestfriend told me. I fixed my eyeglasses and grab my things to go to the cafeteria. They said that it's the most comfortable place to eat.

"Oh c'mon, Corine! Don't be such a snob!" He pouted. Yes, he. He's Herbert Jacks. My first love for 9 years since 9 years old. Did I just said that right? Love? It's in my dictionary but in his? I don't know.

"Shut up, Herb. Gawin kitang plant diyan e." I said and sitted to a chair in the canteen. I bit my apple and look at the notebook. It was a bitterfly. Why did I say bitter? 'Cuz the butterfly is dead in there. No life.

He pinched my cheeks. It was so painful for me. Of course it became red! I hate him!

I rolled my eyes and starting writing again.

He started looking at the me. I felt cold shivers that went to my spine. I said to my self, 'Am I nervous?'. He's gaving my an unexplained look. Like I feel terrible. We've been bestfriends for years. Nine years to be exact. I wanna say I love him but yet, I'm too shy to say the words and I don't know why.

I got a lot of books but I always turn my heart for him. Yes, I study. Not for myself. To make him compliment me that I accomplish too much. I want to say that 'Thank you! I'm proud in you too!' to him. He's not the type of guy who dumps someone. I admit, he might be a faller and make me fall hard.

He's a type of guy that will do what he just said. He's obidient, kind and intelligent. I'm not saying that he's so perfect. I'm saying what he really is. I like his cute attitude. I like it when who look at me. I like it when he pouts in front of you. I like it when he always support you no matter what. He's like a dreamguy. MY dreamguy.

He's a thief. Because he stole my whole heart and mind. I'm loosin' control. Like I'm a maniac. No I don't. He don't say goodbye because he don't want you to be gone. He likes 'see you again' when he drove you home. He don't like loosing another part. He likes it to be back. Like our friendship.

Days, months, and years passed. He went to Cali for a two month vacation. He likes playing the ball. It makes me even more proud 'coz he work hard on that. He don't want to fade that to me. I wanna say, 'I love you! Goodjob!' To him. But yet, I'm too shy.

After those two months.. He came back. Yes he came back but he is not alone. He's with a girl. A precious one. Tears are fighting back. They want to burst but I fight back. Like the last time. Like the time I've been hurt. He came back with a fiance. A fiance which is jolly, gorgeous and kind. An opposite of me. A total opposite of mine. I wanna say, 'I'm unique!' 'Coz I don't have the same. I'm the opposite of everyone.

2 years passed.. They became husband and wife. I'm not gonna lie but I almost ruin the wedding but they can't notice. Bitter? I only have this notebook that keeps me remind that everything just really happend for a reason. I growed up. I'm 45 right now.

One night, his wife called me. She said that he's dead. She invited me to his last ceremony. After the ceremony,she gave me a notebook. Same notebook as mine but the insect is alive there. Not dead.

His Side

She looks perfect. She had a dazzling eyes that keeps me to look at her. She's beautiful, smart and a bit of rude? She reminds me of my little sister too! She had a perfect curled brunet hair. She was really lovely even she had a glasses. Her identity is safe with my heart.

I wanna feel in every stare that she gave me that she likes me too. Or is it that she's that too shy? I hope she likes me too. I worked hard for the team so she can congratulate me and say that's why I like you but it doesn't happend. Is it that she's too shy to say that?

Every night, I pray and pray that she might notice on what I'm doing. She's perfect until I met the opposite of her. But she reminds me of 'her' too. She was like the whole opposite. I made her a rebound just to forget my love for her. We became married.
I realize that I'm becaming so weak. The doctor said that I have a heart diseas. It was really hard to say good bye but she'll always be my love...

*RING*

I stood up in front of them. Started reading it aloud. Everyone is gaving a teary eye.

"Every night, I pray and pray that she might notice on what I'm doing. She's perfect until I met the opposite of her. But she reminds me of 'her' too. She was like the whole opposite. I made her a rebound just to forget my love for her. We became married.I realize that I'm becaming so weak. The doctor said that I have a heart diseas. It was really hard to say good bye but she'll always be my love..." I read the last part.

"But it's not the real ending. This ending can might be real and now I'm not shy anymore. This is the real one." I smiled at him - more like them.

"He was nine and I was nine! Cool right! We became friend like forever. Bestfriend nga daw. I work hard to be a top one. I want him to say, 'that's my girl!' In front of everyone. He was the inspiration behind this story. He's the boy behind the story in my notebook. The guy was Herbert. This might seemed to be impossible but I did my best. Herbert.. I love you.. That's the truth." I said.

I was shock when he mouthed 'I love you too.'

FIN.