Chapter 17 - Another Love Triangle to Add to the Mix

My whole family stared at the guy who completely shattered my heart almost seven months ago. Tears immediately came to my eyes as my chest started to tie into knots. I really wanted to erase him from my vision, but he still stood there with an apologetic and desperate look on his face.

"Ethan, what in heavens name?" Mom demanded as I stood there, trying not to burst into tears.

"I'm really sorry to crash your vacation right as it's ending, but..." he began, but Dad walked up to him.

"You should be sorry," he cut him off firmly, his eyes blazing, and Melissa's was as well, accompanied with a deadly look, but she stood where she was. "After what you put Lila through! What the heck are you doing here?!"

I shook my head, not wanting to believe that Ethan was standing right there in our hotel in Hawaii! I turned and went right into the open elevator that had people coming out of it, and I pressed the button numerous times. When the doors closed, and I was alone, I started to whimper, and those hot, stinging tears came back.

Why?! Why is this happening?!

I arrived back the suite, and I dove into my covers, regardless that I was fully clothed with my sandals. My phone started ringing, and I looked at it and saw that it was Milo trying to call me. Should I talk to him and tell him what was happening? Knowing him, he would instantly come and be with me, but... because my ex showed up out of the clear blue?

The call dropped since I didn't answer it. A minute passed, and he texted me, Just wanted to say good morning! 💗😚 I can't wait to see you later today! I'm done with everything by eight tonight, so maybe we could meet and I could take you on an actual date? I want to do as much as I can with you in the last few days that you're here.

My heart started to hurt, and more tears leaked from my eyes. I really, really wanted to tell him everything, but... He was my boyfriend now. I should tell him. I sat up and called him, and he immediately answered: "Hey! Good morning, beautiful!"

"I wish it was..." I said, and I knew he could hear the emotion in my voice. I imagined his happy, wide grin disappearing as he was in a car since I heard background noise. And he could be on speakerphone since it was louder.

"Lila, are you okay? What's going on?"

"I..." I started, and I had a hard time speaking. "Can you meet me anywhere? Are you still here?"

He was silent for a few seconds, then, "I'm on my way to the set at the hospital so we can shoot some of my last hospital scenes. But I can turn right back around. You're more important than my work."

I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me. "No, no. I'll just... gosh... I'm starting to feel dizzy. Milo, I'm in shock. I don't know what to do..."

I started crying into the phone as Milo said, "I'm so, so sorry, Lila... You know what? I'm turning around. I'm driving to the set myself since Mary and Britney are already there. I'll explain later on why I'm not there."

"No, but you have to be there. Look, I'll figure this out. Don't turn around."

He was probably so confused and hurting on my behalf right now. He said, "But I won't be at my best if I know you're suffering with something."

"It's like everything wonderful that happened in the past few weeks is gone. I think my vacation just got ruined."

I heard the car engine shut off. "I'm pulled over. Tell me what happened and if there's anything I can do."

My makeup was probably all ruined now because of my tears. I looked out the window at the beautiful sunny day and spectacular view of the ocean out there. "I... okay. I'll tell you, and I'll be blunt with it." I paused for a moment, then, "Ethan is here. He showed up out of the blue this morning, shocking my whole family." Milo was silent as I heard cars go by on the road it was near. "Milo?"