ACROSS TOWN

The chariot rides lined up. A number was on each side of a chariot symbolizing its district.

I walked with Apollo behind me. I spotted the one with The number '6' on the side. I turned around.

"Well this is it for now." Apollo told me. He held out his hand for me. I nodded for a brief second before shaking his hand. "Yeah, I guess it is."

He gestured for me to get on the chariot ride. "I think you look great, no more weird headpieces." I nodded.

"I think I got a great stylist." I told him. He flashed a quick smile.

I heard a loud whooping noise behind me. I gave Apollo one last smile before hopping onto my chariot.

He nodded at me. I turned forward. I saw District 1 shift and then eventually start moving.

Remember, look up and smile.
I reminded myself.

After a few seconds Rowan and I started moving. I was immediately thrown a rose.

Someone must be a fan of district 6.
I quietly thought.

I held onto it and blew a few kisses out, making the crowd screech more. Rowan reached for my hand. I held it back making sure he was alright.

I threw our hands up. The crowd cheered for us immediately. I felt a smile spread across my face.

Rowan waved at everyone. I smiled as he did so. I looked down at the rose.

Just as I did so, more came tumbling in. A few managed to land inside of the chariot. I looked down for a split second. Taking in all of this.

I itched for so, so many things. I missed my home. Even though the Capitol is fancy and dreamy and everything else. I miss sneaking into the woods. I miss cuddling up with Rowan at night.

It wasn't fair, they took everything thing from me. I looked back up. Screams being heard again. I looked around, forgetting to smile. I gripped onto Rowan's hand tighter.

After a minute or two we halted to a stop, being lined up.

I saw President Snow drinking something. Ugh, he was disgusting. He slammed it down, smiled, then grabbed the microphone.

"Ah, yes." He chuckled. He seemed to be drunk. "This year, is a little different..." He trailed off. Every year his speech was 'A little different'

He shuffled through papers. "This year is the 73rd annual hunger games." He began, "We are thankful for our tributes and their sacrifice. One of you may be crowned victor, 23 of you may die." He was definitely drunk.

"Mhm. We are thankful to have you and please enjoy your time at the Capitol." He placed the microphone down and gave his cold glare.

He looked around. The crowd suddenly started cheering as loud as possible.

He gestured to a Peacekeeper. The Peacekeeper saluted then left. In the corner of my eye I saw him cough.

After a minute or two of screaming. We started moving again. "Woah!"

"Did you see the blood that Snow coughed out?" Rowan asked me.