Chapter 2: The Project

MONDAY

(Adrien POV)

I couldn't stop thinking about Marinette after Friday. It took me some time to comprehend how much we had in common. She is so amazing and kind! Constantly I had to remind myself that I am in love with M'Lady. Marinette is JuSt A fRiEnD! 

I got into my bodygaurd's car and we headed of to school. As we walked in the room, I couldn't help but notice Marinette wasn't in the room. I wondered what had happened. 

I shrugged it off and took my usual seat next to Nino.

(Marinette POV) 

I rushed into the class as Ms. Bustier was taking attendance. She announced my name as soon as I entered the class. "Present!" I called while making my way to my seat. Alya turned towards me and gave me a we-will-talk-about-you-know-what-later and put her attention back on Ms. Busteir. I glanced down at Adrien to find him staring at me. I blushed a little and focused back on the lesson.

"As you all know, we will be beginning our literature project today!" Ms. Busteir said. Excited chatters filled the room. We all ready to begin this project!

"Alright, the partners are..." Ms. Bustier said as we all began patting our legs in drumroll

"Alix and Max" 

"Chloé and Kim" 

I saw Kim's face light up as Ms. Bustier announced his partner. I swear I saw a smirk come across Ms. Bustier's face as she called out the partnership.

"Alya and Rosé" Alya and I gave each other a disappointed look, but Alya stood up from her seat and made her way to Rosé.

"Marinette and Adrien"

My jaw dropped as Ms. Bustier announced my partner's name. Why him of all people? Is Ms. Bustier on board with Alya and Nino? 

Reluctantly, I got up and made my way next to Adrien. He gave me a small smile but I didn't return it. He turned his head back to face Ms. Bustier and said, "You know Marinette, I wouldn't mind having you as a friend". He chuckled and put his focus once again on Ms. Busteir. 

Just then I felt something inside me. I got weird butterflies in my stomach.

I shook the feeling off and put my concentration back on Ms. Bustier. 

She began to explain how this project was to happen. "Students, listen closely, You will have to make a presentation about your author in the form of a timeline and at the end, you must act out a scene from one of your author's most famous pieces." 

Just then Chloé blurted out, "Ugh, my partner is lame, utterly lame and this project ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!" I rolled my eyes and pretended like nothing ever happened.

TIME SKIP

(Adrien POV)

I had asked Gorilla to drop me off at Marinette's house because that was where we were going to do the project. 

I threw on a pair of ripped jeans and a black shirt with one green stripe in the middle. I walked downstairs and into the car. We turned on the radio and I grinned at the the song!

"MY HEART'S A STEREO. IT BEATS FOR YOU, SO LISTEN CLOSE. HEAR MY THOUGHTS IN EVERY NOTE OH OTE"

By the time the song finished we had reached Marinette's place. I bid my goodbye to Gorilla, then got out of the car and rang the doorbell. Mrs. Cheng opened the door and called for Marinette.

"Hello Ma'am!" I greeted her. 

"Oh hello Adrien, Marinette has been awaiting you!"

Oh, really?" I asked as Marinette entered the room.

She rolled her eyes and dragged me into her room. I sat down on one of her pink desk chairs and waited for Marinette to bring in the research books Ms. Bustier assigned us.  

(Marinette's POV)

Adrien sat down and I quickly grabbed the books. We swiftly began working.

"So Adrien, the project is about Shakespeare, so I went out and bought copies of his original plays." I said as I brought out scripts for Juliet and Romeo, Macbeth, and Hamlet.

I opened my mouth to explain what we were going to do when I caught him staring at me. I blushed a little and continued explaining. 

Hours passed, and Adrien and I grew tired as we worked our way through the study date. I saw he was about to fall asleep when I got an idea. I smirked and pulled him on to is feet. "Let's bake a cake" I said. Adrien's face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning.

We ran downstairs and brought out a recipe book and asked Adrien to make the frosting, while I baked the cake. 

10 minutes went by and I turned to check on Adrien. He had a bit of frosting on his cheek while he stirred the frosting. I chuckled and grabbed a napkin.

"Adrien"

"Yeah, Marinette?"

"You've got something on your face"

"W-where?"

"Right there" I said as I got on my tippy toes and wiped it off his face. We both stood there for a moment and I could feel myself blushing madly. We quickly broke the eye contact and began working on the cake once more. 

Soon we finished everything and ate the cake up. By the time we finished Adrien's bodyguard had arrived. I packed him some cake and we opened the door.

Adrien walked outside and I was about to close the door when he called out to me.

"Wait!"

"Huh?"

"Marinette I need to ask you something!"

"What is it Adrien?"

"Wi-will you g-go o-out t-to the ice rink wi-with me t-this fr-friday?"

I was in shock. Adrien Agreste, famous fashion model, captain of the fütbol team was asking me out?!

"L-like as a date?"

"Erm yeah!"

"Uh, ok sure! What time?"

"I'll pick you up at 5, cool?"

"Ummm yeah, cool!"

"Alrighty, see ya at school Marinette!"

"Yeah! At school see you!"

"Om my god, why am I stammering?" I thought to myself.

By the time I regained my train of thought, Adrien was in his car, driving away.

I ran upstairs into my bedroom and called Alya. 

"What's up girl" She said when she picked up.

"I think Adrien Agreste just asked me out to the ice rink"

"WHAT"

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for not posting in a while. My new bf has keeping me busy af. I will post more often, I PROMISE! I do not ship Chlokim btw. Bye!

1025 word count