Chapter One

Camilla didn't grieve for long. It might have been longer than I would have liked but it wasn't long. There was no funeral, and I had cut off everyone from my so called family. I was cremated and Camilla scattered my ashes in the lake where I proposed. She knew me so well.
I couldn't choose what I could see. Sometimes it would fast forward by a few days and sometimes I'd have to go through the whole 24 hours. It felt like I was watching a terribly written movie.
I was fairly surprised when she asked the crematorium for my ashes. It gave me false hope. Made me think that maybe there was a chance that she still loved me. That hope was extinguished very quickly by seeing her with him.
Alejandro, from the moment I met him I knew he was in love with her. But I was too. And love blinded me to the point where I couldn't see the way he looked at her, and the way she looked at him.
"You're back," Alejandro said as Camilla entered his apartment.
"Yeah," Camilla replied as she hung up her coat. "I know you hated him but you could have come with me."
"He wouldn't have wanted me there."
He was right. I would have hated it if he was there. Camilla was and forever will be my only, my everything, my center. I'm happy she was there alone.
"Okay then," she said. "You know I shouldn't even be mourning him. He was a horrible human who deserved what he got. He's probably burning in the fiery pits of hell right now..."
I wish I was.
"And he deserves it," she said.
"But he was good to you," a female voice said.
Marie, Camilla's best friend. She was the most annoying person I have ever met, after Alejandro of course.
"How did you get in here?" Alejandro asked.
"She was my ride," Marie replied referring to Camilla.
"That doesn't explain much but okay," Alejandro said. "Are you girls hungry?"
"Starving," Marie replied before she went into the kitchen.
"I'll eat later,"  Camilla said.
Eat Mi amor. Take care of yourself. Be happy. Please.
I wish she could hear me.
I watched as Camilla chatted with Alejandro and Marie as they ate. These three were the reason I was dead. They were so happy only days after I died.
But as usual, Camilla was right. I deserved it. Every bit of suffering. I was a monster in her eyes and I always will be.
That's my sad truth.