Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41

As soon as Pei Xingzhao arrived at Shen's house, Su Xiu went to invite Shen Yunshang and his daughter.

The two parties met in the corridor, and Shen Yunshang and Pei Xingzhao's eyes touched each other.

Shen Yunshang knew that the purchase of grain, grass and cotton-padded clothes would be hidden sooner or later, so she had already thought about how to deal with Pei Xingzhao, but looking at his expression now, it seemed that he didn't know yet.

Several people entered the main hall together. Shen Feng quickly walked to Bai Rui and sat down. He turned sideways and asked her: "Madam, what were you talking about just now? Why did it take so long?"

Bai Rui glanced at Rong Chi and said quietly: "General Rong and I met in Jinling. We haven't seen each other for many years, just catching up on old times."

Shen Feng nodded in disbelief and looked at Rong Chi warily, but saw that the other party was looking towards him.

The intention of sizing up is undisguised.

Shen Feng: "..."

Why did he feel that General Rong was examining him with his eyes?

The sound of Pei Xingzhao and Chen Yunshang saluting was heard, and Shen Fengcai reluctantly sat upright and introduced the identities of the two parties.

Naturally, the Pei family had already received a letter from the Yamen, knowing that a general had arrived at the border. However, the news the Pei family received was the same as the Shen family. The person mentioned in the letter was General Feng from Huancheng.

When he heard that the other party's surname was Rong, Pei Xingzhao was stunned, but he didn't ask, so he only bowed to Rongchi respectfully.

After receiving the gift, Rong Chi stood up and looked at Pei Xingzhao with a smile on his face. Shen Yunshang seemed to feel something and moved slightly to the side. Sure enough, the next moment, Rong Chi bowed his hand and said, "I... On behalf of the tens of thousands of soldiers in the border city, I would like to thank Mr. Pei for his righteous deeds."

Pei Xingzhao was startled at first, and then reacted in the same way as Shen Yunshang. He knelt down and said, "A villain does not dare to be treated like a general."

"Please get up quickly." Rong Chi then stepped forward to help him up and patted his shoulder meaningfully: "Young Master Pei can bear this courtesy."

There was some internal energy in Rong Chi's hands, but the young man's posture was very stable and he just looked at him in surprise.

Rong Chi's eyes gained some interest and strengthened his internal energy.

Pei Xingzhao understood that this was probably a test of him.

As for why he wanted to test, he didn't know.

"The future life is terrible."

Rong Chi used 50% of his internal strength, but the boy was still able to do it with ease and didn't even move. Rong Chi took back his hand and nodded with satisfaction.

A rare talent, but worthy of the princess.

Pei Xingzhao nodded respectfully and said, "General Rong is so complimentary."

Shen Yunshang watched from the side, the doubts in his heart getting deeper and deeper.

She asked Manager Bai to report Pei Xingzhao's name, but she never informed him about it, but why did he seem to have known about it for a long time? Could it be that because the Pei family also received the letter, he guessed that she did it?