Purpose Pt. 1

New York City...a few minutes before New Years day

They say people never truly know why they are brought onto this planet...they kinda just go through life and accept whatever is thrown there way.

However this is not the case when you are a descendant of a God, sooner than later, you realize you have a direct and absolute purpose.

However, when you realize that purpose is completely up to faith, some realize when they are but the tender age of a toddler, some may realize when they are already seasoned and on their 60th roundabout with father time...

That day was very swiftly approaching a group of teenagers...and none of them even knew it yet.

In a high-rise apartment, on Brooklyn's East Flatbush square, a party was being thrown in celebration for the new year that was to come.

The party was held by Stacia Barlett, a very outstanding woman in her neighborhood.

The woman's stunning ebony skin, long, naturally curly hair, and deep brown eyes tantalized many men in the neighborhood, but she would never give them a chance.

Her heart was captured by her late husband, Germaine Barlett, and even though he'd want her to move on, she couldn't bring herself to love another the way she loved him.

The only place in her heart that was for another male individual was for her son, Geleel Barlett, which she was currently looking for.

"Has anyone seen Geleel?" Stacia questioned numerous guests at the party as to the whereabouts of her son.

Unfortunately nobody seemed to know.

"Isn't that him out there?" A woman questioned as Stacia turned to where the woman was pointing.

Stacia then let out a sigh as she noticed her son was too busy being fixated on his telescope that he'd set up outside.

"Thank you." Stacia said to the woman before she made her way to the doors to go address her son.

The boy had always been interested in the stars and planets so much...she never could understand it, the only one that could understand it was his father.

Ever since he got that telescope he'd been outside day and night using it, but not tonight, it was New Years! He needed to come inside and have fun!

"Oye." Stacia called out as Geleel jumped a bit before turning away from the television to address his mother.

He turned so swiftly, the symbol of Achilles pendant that was chained should his neck swung three times before settling.

"Hey ma, what's up?" Geleel questioned as she walked up to him.

"Come on papa, you know New Years is in a couple minutes, can't you give the telescope a rest for tonight?" Stacia questioned her son.

"Mama...I promise I'll be there for the countdown, I just really need to keep watc-" Stacia groaned at her son which cuts him off.

"Geleel, you say this everytime, what is even so important tonight that you've been out here the entire time?" She questioned him as he smiled at her.

"I am so glad you asked mom." Geleel said as Stacia sighed, she wasn't looking for an actual explanation.

"Mom, all the planets are aligning tonight, the effects on the Earth's electromagnetic energy will be amazing!" Geleel exclaimed as he ushered his mother over to the telescope.

"Here, have a look." He encouraged her as she grumbled and began looking through it.

"I see nothing but white dots!" Stacia shouted after about 10 seconds before standing up straight and facing her son again.