2: Scarface

I soaked myself more in a frosty bath of ice. I had no explanation why I liked to do this but my wolf liked it.
"Maya Heidi Wek! If you don't get your ass out of that bath now!" A feminine voice roared within the apartment.

I pouted before sitting upright in the bath.
"What if I don't?" I teased while I splashed the cold water bath playfully with my feet. I giggled knowing she was going to get me out of the bath herself.

It wasn't long till I felt her figure standing over me. Like a child who was caught in the process of mischief, I slowly raised my head to look at her before quickly getting out of the bath.

I was about to sprint out but she was quick to grab my hand. She pulled me into her welcoming warm arms before securing my cold bare waist with one of her hands.

"What were you saying?" She asked sternly while looking at my eyes with her other hand lifting my face by my cheek. Enchanted in by her warm black orbs, I got stuck in the moment before I subconsciously bit my lips.

"Nothing," I tried to giggle my way away lightly trying to ease the tension between us.
"I thought so too." She smirked before carefully throwing away my face.
"Come, you need to shower now." She commanded while I followed her trail like her puppy unless my eyes were stuck on her butt.

I watch her turn on the shower after putting me in position. As the warm water hit my skin, I turned around to look at her.
"I am sorry," I muttered impulsively.
Within the blink of an eye, I was having a mental breakdown.

I could feel my knees buckle while I approached the floor of the shower.
This was the closest I got to her after the competition. She was my top mentor, Sasha Imani.

How she found me interesting enough to fall in love with the mess I was would forever be a puzzle to me. I do not believe I deserve the love of the beautiful ebony goddess.

"Baby, " she whispered while getting into the shower to squat in front of me.
"Come here." She said before embracing me into a nurturing hug and it was all it took for me to have a complete breakdown.

"You're my Miss, you know that right?" She said with my head on her chest while she caressed my bareback. I choked on my breath while I continued to cry.

"Look baby doll, I am proud of you, you did amazing, the odds weren't just in your favor. That doesn't mean I've stopped believing in you. I won my first competition after my sixth contest."

"Now all the attention is going to Ella," I continued to cry. "All your attention is going to her!" I made my statement more clear remembering how she was stuck to Abella even after the party for her celebration. I wasn't important anymore!

I felt her giggle making me raise to face her with a pout. She began to circle my sensitive nipple slowly before she start to poke my chest.

"You're one jealous kitten" She giggled against my lips while I let out a mini growl. Did she just call me a kitten when I was a werewolf?

"Yes, I was with her. She just started a new journey and I thought you'd need space to deal with your unprocessed emotions"

I pushed her away before standing back in the shower. Coming from a less privileged life of werewolves, building success meant a lot to me after escaping the hell in my past. Now I really can't help but feel I was shifting to a path of failure after losing my first competition.

Failure meant a step to misfortune. Misfortune opens doors of no privilege. I didn't want to find myself in that kind of position again even if by now I knew that the ways of humans were different from ours.

"I already sent your friend a congratulatory piece in your place. Do me a favor and reply to your messages Maya."

Wait, did she just call me by my name?
This woman was the mother I never had!