𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝟬𝟱 : 𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱

💥💿🎧⛓️💋
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

got my heartbeat pumping !
chung - cha 's pov.

   𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 , 𝗜 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗  that the best way to not slap someone in the face every time you saw them was to ignore them. i did exactly that with seonghwa and his buddies. when yeosang had told me that he was one of his closest friends , i frowned upon it. i ended up not minding it because it was yeosang. nobody could say no to yeosang. 

   there were no developments in the case of my mother. the police never bothered with it , closing it as an accidental death. there had been rumours spread about whether i was behind her death. let 's be real. what child would murder their own mother ? especially a child that loved her. 

   this is my final year in high school , and the deadline i gave myself would pass. my mother 's case would be forgotten , just as so many others. i cannot let that happen. 

   yeosang 's elbow digging into my ribs pulls me out of my thinking. "what ?" i snap unintentionally. 

   yuqi blinks , unamused.  "chill out , oscar. now that we 're all back to earth," she shoots me a dirty look, "we need to discuss what we 're doing for that biology project. i was thinking-" 

   "what biology project ?" i interject. i look down at my uneaten food and push the tray away from me. it's not the most appetizing food on the planet. 

   she grumbles, "the one about the reproductive system. keep up, cha." to others , that particular system was embarrassing. yuqi was all for sciences and biology , so she never found it odd. oh to be like her. 

   "oh , okay." i nodded. 

   "so as i was saying . . . " her voice fades into background noise in my head. i don 't pay attention to her rambling , leaving it to yeosang to fill me in later. 

   i know i sound desperate , but i need an insider to the police department. i 've tried everything in my power to get into their files , and not a single thing has worked. i 'm getting hopeless that i won 't get to solve it. 

   so that 's why , my plan is to be a police officer. so i can get in and out and get the files and finally- 

   "chung - cha !" yuqi interrupts my thinking this time. "pay. attention." she insists. 

   "yeo," i turn to yeosang at my right side, "do me a favour and fill me in later." 

   the blonde boy nods with a smile on his face. "will do." 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

   swallowing hard , seonghwa accepted the mystery sludge that the cafeteria lady put in the paper bowl on his tray. he muttered a thanks and headed over to his usual table , where wooyoung was perched on the table. 

   "this is disgusting." san remarked as he used his spoon to play with the sludge. 

   "eat this." the younger boy tossed him a chocolate bar , munching on his own. 

    "what are you ? that guy from harry potter ?" 

   "quit it." he says as he sit down , looking down at his own sludge. 

   "it 's more than disgusting. it looks like shit." hongjoong remarks. 

    this was the normal at the boys ' table. the remarks , the cussing , the bickering. it 's what made the day better. seonghwa frowns down at the bowl. he pushes the tray away from him and glances around the table at his friends. 

   "movie night as usual?" he asks. 

   "sannie and i can 't make it." wooyoung sighs. 

   hongjoong is silent all the while. he plays with his food with his fork. "can 't." 

   the eldest frowns. "why not?" 

   "we 're flunking algebra , extra after school classes." 

   "i have to go out with my parents. you know how they are , hwa." the nickname that hongjoong has called him since they were children softens his eyes. 

   "next week, for sure. okay?" 

   the boys around the table nod.