THE END

Riven pov

We turn to see what was once a child like me. Now he is grown, very pale, his eyes empty, his hair a dirty blond, his shirt mottled with what looks like bloodstains. It is Kevin.

We try to back away, with Mr. Whiskey still blowing at him.

"You can't leave. They brought you here for a reason. You are mine now."

"Kevin what the heck is wrong with you?"

"Do you know him?"- Dane asks me. "Long story"-I answer.

Kevin begins to approach, moving uncomfortably.

"Let's leave"-whispers Sky.

"You're not leaving!"- shouts Kevin. Saying this he grazes the hallway wall with his hand and everything starts to freeze, reaching to the doors and blocking them.

"Run!"-I yell.

We turn to run but Kevin hurls with what I think is telekinesis a table, which smashes through a sheetrock wall and crashes a few feet away from us.

"How did he do that? That's not possible."

"You know Riven, since you left they moved us and started doing more experiments. Their goal was to create a person who could possess all kinds of magic in existence, that person was me. Then you came along, they wanted your powers, but they never could understand how they worked at all. I had a taste of it several years ago but the effect is over now, I am here to take what is mine. Whether you survive or not is of no interest to me."

"You are crazy, you have been brainwashed!"

We try to break down the door but it is frozen. The shadows don't listen to me, I don't know what to do. Kevin comes up and throws Sky and Dane to one side, turns to me. My back is against the wall, he comes up and grabs me by the neck, it's like I can't move, next thing I know I don't understand what's going on, I feel weak, like all my strength is being sucked out of me. Sky gets in the way and manages to push him away, I have enough time to recover.

I take control of a shadow beside me and throw it against the door, which breaks through. We manage to escape and get away, open a doorway and.....were not expecting that.

On the other side another confrontation is taking place. There are many specialists from the school and.....Silva.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Silva!"

"I wasn't going to leave you here. We've done some investigations and an inspection of that old lab your cat was telling us about, Riven. Now we know more or less what Standaal did but she managed to escape. The principal and another team are looking for her, but for now we have to arrest her associates."

"There may also be another problem...."-I am saying when a wall is destroyed, the ceiling begins to crumble. Kevin.

"We have to leave"-we hear screaming.

I see everyone running, screaming and the ceiling falling apart.

Sky drags me by the arm, "Move, Riven."

A transparent barrier separates us and we are thrown to opposite sides.

"You will not run away from me again Riven!"

"Riven!"-it's Sky and Dane.

"Go!"-I shout, "I'll catch up with you later!"

They don't have much choice, Silva takes them out. That leaves Kevin and me.

"Don't do that, Kevin. We can fix this."

"No, you can't. I will take control of the shadows and then I will avenge us all, RIven, all those children killed by Standaal, I will avenge them."

"By killing me and after killing so many other innocent people."

"No matter, this is the price to pay"

It is a matter of a little while and we will be buried alive. I can't face him in an equal confrontation, I have to find a way out.

"Riven, mao. There is no time."

"I, I know, don't worry."

I try to stall, I throw myself at him, but it's no use, martial arts are useless against his magic, he slams me to the ground, he starts to suck the magic out of me, everything starts to get dark, the walls will soon give way and we will be buried alive. It's now or never. I close my eyes, let the shadows envelop me and.....a big thud, I open my eyes only to see the structure collapse in on itself.

"Riven!"-it's the boys coming toward me-"How did you do that?"

I look at Mr. Whiskey at my feet, smiling.

"A little trick I learned."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two months later......

I am back on the river bank, Neither Kevin nor Standaal were caught, somehow they managed to escape.

"Hey Riven, are you ready?"-it's Dane.

"Yes, let's go. Where do you want to go to eat? My treat"-I smile.

Finally, we're back to normality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I will find you, Riven. You have no idea the power you possess, I'll make sure you realize it........."