Dancing Is Better With You ~ Floyd

Pairing: Floyd X Fem Rock Troll Reader

Requested By: Misty_lycan

Y/N: Your Name

"Oh come on (Y/N). Why not come to one of my raves? You loved them when you were younger." King Trollex says as you and him are walking in the woods.

"I would like to Trollex but I'd rather not. A lot of people kept asking me to dance last time and you know I'm self conscious about my dancing." You say as you look down.

"Come on. You're my little sister. Even if you're adopted and you're a Rock Troll it doesn't matter that your dancing is different. Long as you have fun. That's what counts. Besides we've all embraced everyone's differences since the whole thing with Barb. You have nothing to fear. I'll be there with you." King Trollex says as he smiles reassuringly.

"Can I just have some time to think about it please?" You ask as you look at King Trollex.

"Alright (Y/N). If that's what you want I won't pressure you. Just give me a holler if you change your mind." King Trollex says as you nod.

"Thanks. If it's okay I'm gonna hang around the lake again. I love going there when we visit Pop Village. It's always so calming." You say as King Trollex chuckles.

"Alright. I'll pick you up when I'm ready to go back. Or do you want to just meet me back home?" King Trollex asks.

"Back home is fine." You say as you smile.

"Alright. I'll see you later then little sis." King Trollex says.

"Bye big brother." You say as King Trollex leaves.

*Timeskip*

"Well at least I know being at the lake will claim my nerves. It always does. And maybe my brother is right. Maybe I should try coming to the raves again. If anything I don't have to dance or sing I can just enjoy my brother's music. Huh? Sounds like someone is already at my spot." You say as you are walking toward the lake and hear a male troll singing and go over to a tree and hide behind it as you look to see a pink and white haired blue troll singing and dancing by the lake.

"Huh. He looks familiar. He's one of Branch's brothers from that band I believe. Sure seems like he's having a lot of fun. And his singing is pretty good too." You say as you tap your foot to the beat of the song the troll is singing before he stops dancing as he notices you causing you to freeze.

"Hey! You don't have to stare you know. You can come and watch. I don't mind. Besides it's not polite spy on someone." The troll says as you give an nervous look and slowly go over to him.

"Sorry. I just come here a lot and this is my usual spot that I like to come to when I need some time alone. The atmosphere is just really calming for me. I didn't mean to spy or stare. I thought you sounded pretty good and you looked like you were having a lot of fun dancing." You say shyly.

"Yeah. I was. I like coming here too sometimes. Gives me a quiet place to practice for my performances without any interruptions or judgement." The troll says as he smiles and turns off the music on his music player.

"I can see that." You say as you chuckle and smile causing the troll to smile at you.

"You have a pretty smile." The troll says causing you to blush.

"Oh. Thank you. I like your moves." You say kindly.

"Thanks. So you're (Y/N) right? The Rock Troll of Techno Reef? You're King Trollex's sister right?" The troll asks as you nod.

"Yes I am. How'd you know?" You ask curiously.

"Branch and Poppy told me." The troll says as he chuckles.

"Ah. I guess I shouldn't be surprised on that since you and the rest of Branch's brothers have been welcomed here in Pop Village as new members. Floyd right?" You ask as the troll nods.

"Yeah. That's me. Would you want to dance with me?" Floyd asks as he offers you his hand.

"What?" You ask in alarm as you pull away from Floyd slightly.

"You seemed pretty interested and you were tapping your foot to the song. So why not?" Floyd asks as he smiles causing you to blush and look away nervously.

"I'm not very good at dancing. Besides you may not like my dancing. It tends to be different from most people's style of dance." You say nervously as you look down.

"I don't mind. I like that everyone has their own differences. Trust me I don't expect anyone to be exactly like me or perfect. I got enough of that from my oldest brother during our old band days and I know it's not enjoyable." Floyd says as he smiles reassuringly.

"I don't know... Are you sure?" You ask as you look at Floyd

"I'm sure. Just dance with me. You'll be fine." Floyd says as he takes your hand.

"Alright but don't say I didn't try to tell you ahead of time." You say nervously as you let Floyd pull you over to the music player as he starts the music.

"I'll keep that in mind." Floyd says as he chuckles.

"Um I'm not really familiar with this song. So I'm not sure how to dance to this..." You say as you give a nervous look.

"That's the fun of this song. It doesn't matter how you dance to it. Just focus on me and tune everything else out. Don't worry about any steps. Just relax and have fun." Floyd says.

"Alright." You say as you begin dancing with Floyd and get into the groove of things causing you both to laugh.

"See you're doing amazing! I love your moves." Floyd says happily as he watches you dance.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." You say shyly as you blush.

"I told you that you'd like it." Floyd says as the song ends.

"Yeah alright. I did enjoy that. Hey um my brother is having a rave tonight. If you're interested would you maybe want to come as my guest? You don't have to if you don't want to." You say kindly.

"Sounds like fun. But only if I get to dance with you again at the rave. I enjoyed dancing with you. I'd really like to do it again." Floyd says as he smiles.

"Really?" You ask in surprise.

"Yeah. If you want." Floyd says as you smile and nod.

"I want." You say happily.

"Sounds like a date then." Floyd says before you and him both blush at the mention of the word date.

"Date?" You ask shyly causing Floyd to look away blushing.

"Oh uh I mean um... Sorry bad choice of words." Floyd says shyly before he looks at you hearing you chuckle and smiles seeing you smile.

"No need to apologize. I like the sound of those words." You say happily.

"Me too. So see you at the rave?" Floyd asks as you nod happily.

"Definitely." You say happily.