Chapter 1

Ibrahim

In opulent palace chamber, a chilling tableau unveiled itself before my eyes. A lifeless figure lay sprawled on the polished tiles, her presence stark against a sea of crimson that marred the floor. It was a gruesome sight, the macabre result of violence that had tainted this room. I couldn't tear my gaze away as I watched crimson liquid flow from her neck, tracing an eerie path across the pristine tiles. Despite the horror of the scene, her serene expression remained intact, a haunting smile on her lifeless face.

With a heavy heart, I reached out and gently covered her face with her veil, a solemn farewell to my beloved sister. Cradling her lifeless form in my arms, I couldn't help but notice a solitary emerald on the floor nearby. It was a jewel of unparalleled rarity, a stark reminder of her royal lineage and the cruelty that had robbed her of her life.

Anguish and determination welled up within me as I held her close, the weight of her lifeless body a constant reminder of the brutality that had taken her from me. I was consumed by a fierce desire to uncover the malevolent hand responsible for this tragedy. Each step I took was filled with purpose, my grip on her fragile form tightening with each passing moment. The palace's corridors seemed to blur as I made my way toward the courtyard, oblivious to the shocked onlookers who dared not intrude on my grief.

Tears streamed down my face, their silent descent marking the path of my anguish as they mingled with the blood-soaked fabric of her gown. With each step, I clung to a desperate hope that somehow, against all odds, I could reverse the irreversible. But it was a futile endeavor, and my body, exhausted and overwhelmed with despair, began to betray me.

As I drew closer to the courtyard, darkness crept into my vision, and the world around me faded into obscurity. My body protested loudly, a blood vessel ruptured, and consciousness slipped away. All I knew before succumbing to darkness was the haunting cry for help from my sister echoing in my ears. My eyes caught hold of Hayaat's figure rushing toward me.

"Ibrahim..."

"Her first...Bring her in first. Please, princess." I pleaded, trying my utmost best to stay up however failed and flopped on the ground.

When I finally regained consciousness, I found myself in unfamiliar surroundings. Princess Hayaat's chambers, as it turned out. Confusion swirled within me as I struggled to make sense of recent events. By my side, Princess Hayaat's warm touch and hazelnut eyes filled with concern provided a comforting anchor in the storm. I observed her head slowly slither as she rose from her slumber. I offered her a reassuring smile, attempting to convey that I was alright, but her expression remained distinctly unpleasant.

"Whats wrong, princess?"

"Suhaib is missing."

TWO MONTHS AGO

The grand council had gathered to address the dire consequences of an unrelenting drought. Their impassioned plea to the Sultan for intervention led to the suggestion of constructing indoor crop facilities as a lifeline for struggling farmers. Committed to the welfare of my people, I vowed to mobilize the generals for this vital endeavor. With the court adjourned, I turned my attention to the palace grounds, bearing ominous cracks that seemed to mirror the kingdom's woes.

Amidst these concerns, a mysterious figure, concealed beneath a burqa, ascended the palace stairs, a presence both enigmatic and disconcerting. Curiosity stirred within me, prompting me to inquire with Naaifa's maid in a bid to fathom the purpose behind this clandestine visit. However, the absence of my sister was confirmed, relayed to me by Kafoor, my steadfast guard.

Whilst I cracked my brain to think where could this girl have possibly gone, ultimately discovering that woman in the burqa I saw earlier had busted in kitchen of the palace. Her presence among the agitated kitchen staff, brandishing knives in self-defense, only intensified my unease. Swiftly recognizing her, I guided her to a more secluded spot. The tranquil garden.

As I observed her gait and the unmistakable royal chamber slippers adorning her feet, I pieced together her identity, none other than my dear sister, Naaifa. Relief washed over me but was tinged with frustration as I yet wanted to reprimanded her for her recklessness. That was before I knew who the person she visited was.

"What on earth were you thinking? Sneaking out of royal premises into towns with no security." I scolded, eyes piercing through hers in authority.

"Brother, I had only gone for a stroll. Besides, I can take care of myself.." she mumbled the last part.

"Naaifa, with who did you go on a stroll with?" I questioned, suspicion of my sister having an affair growing.

"Suhaib. Suhaib Sheikh."