2 Æ Personality of ice cream

Œ Æ Ƴ ß ¥ £ Ə

My room is small and just cozy enough. It's in the attic of the house.

Incidentally, the whole house has only a ground floor, on the ground floor there is a kitchen at the entrance on the right, opposite the bathroom. Next to the bathroom, which is to the left of the entrance, is my father's bedroom, which is further away. Opposite the father's bedroom, next to the kitchen, is the living room and before the entrance to the living room are the stairs, under which is a not very large pantry.

I made my way to the school, where I listened to the classic explanations from the teachers, wrote down my textbook, and headed back to my lockers where my best friend was waiting impatiently.

"Aah, there you are!" he cheered excitedly, continuing to lean his left hip with his arms folded against the wall of blue rust colored lockers: "Shall we go get ice cream after school today?" He asked with a grin, brushing his dark bangs out of his eyes.

I slid the key into the lock and turned it. I set my bag down in the front and started pulling out all my notebooks and books, stowing them straight in the top shelf.

"If we're going to go for a spun at IceN' Coffee, I'd have a vanilla. But if we're going for a scoop at VixieeCream, I'd try their new retro raspberry flavor with vanilla pod," I finished all the stuff I wanted, locked my lockers, and threw my backpack back on my shoulder.

We both headed down the hallway.

"Nah, of course we'll go to VixieeCream," he replied with determination. "Haven't you heard about that case that happened two weeks ago? The one where a white-hooded vampire appeared on the cameras during the day? Maybe I'm skeptical, but it's slowly becoming dangerous there too," he finished with both horror and sadness in his eyes.

"One day we as humanity will have to face them anyway. You don't have to be crushed by it now. He didn't kill anyone and that's the main thing," I put my hand on his shoulder and forced myself into an encouraging smile.

I wanted to cheer him up again and get him to stop thinking about it. Why ruin his day for nothing?

"And of course I haven't heard about it, you know I don't have time to watch the internet..." I finished with a sarcastic smile, at which point Ravier slapped me in the face.

After a quarter of an hour of walking, we walked down the stairs into a hidden alley. We had descended twenty steps when we walked through the door and through the colorful beaded curtain inside.

Inside, shiny wooden junkboxes played calm music, the whole place smelled of jasmine wood.

"What'll it be, boys? Do you duo want a cup or each have your own?" One of the workers at the cash register next to the counter with dozens of varieties of ice cream spoke to us immediately with a nice smile.

Ravier took up the words: "Hello, everyone own please. We would each like two scoops, toppings, fruit and decorations. And if I may ask, I'll pay by credit card," with the last words, he pulled a credit card out of his pocket and started playing with it in his hands.

The gentleman typed our requests into the monitor and then turned the payment terminal towards Ravier. "Here, please."

Ravier swiped his card and the gentleman moved to the glass bowls with a playful smile. We both started to choose between all the flavors, I had the first one picked out and started talking.

"I'll have one of those new retro raspberry and vanilla pod things on the bottom. I'll have whipped cream and raspberries on top, please, and a salted caramel topping. And I think I'm good without the decorations, thank you."

While he was preparing everything in my glass cup, Ravier chose his unique combination.

The gentleman finally delivered a green leaf from a raspberry bush to my order: "You have chosen a really delicious combination. Allow me to add the icing on the cake. The raspberry leaf, it goes well with you and your ice cream, sir," and he stuck it in the homemade fluffy whipped cream.

Finally, he handed me the cup with a metal spoon.

"And what would you like, sir?" He asked impatiently.

I like how he's always looking forward to new customers and, by extension, new combinations. It was said that every custom cup anyone ordered here reflected their personality and characteristics.

Ravier cleared his throat and began, as if looking forward to this moment: "I would like one scoop of oreo and a scoop of coconut on top of that, please. Whipped cream, a banana on top, white chocolate on top please. If possible, three chocolate tubes and a sprinkle of milk chocolate, please."

The gentleman looked at him in amazement: "Such a combination rarely visits here. You certainly like metal and rock, don't you?" He asked confidently, but still waiting for his answer.

Ravier paused. "Yes, how did you guess?"

"Depending on your choice of sundae composition," the man smiled playfully and began to prepare Ravier's sundae as well.

Towards early evening, when it was not yet dark, I made my way to Mikaila's house. Despite having ice cream after school with Ravier, I hadn't forgotten about it.

We made carrot cakes for an hour and a half, which, despite some minor mishaps with plain flour, mess and spilled batter, turned out great.

That evening, at 10:36 p.m. , I got home.

I opened the front door and exclaimed excitedly, "Father, today I'm bringing you back some carrot cakes from Mikaila that she sent for me again."

I took off my shoes and came into the kitchen. I put a bowl full of carrot cakes on the kitchen table.

Something didn't feel right, though, as if I sensed a foreign presence.

I still hadn't heard from my father, and even though I was halfway up the stairs, I stopped and walked slowly into the living room: "Hello? Father?"

I stopped at the entrance to the living room and my hands began to shake.

Œ Æ Ƴ ß ¥ £ Ə
1023  words