Picnic Date (Flashback)

Jeno and Karina's "proper" first date was picnic date. It was like five or six months after they dated, which means one month after their high school graduation.

It was Jeno's idea to be honest. The boy wanted to have a "proper first date" after watching youtube, and Karina agreed on it. Their first date was at supermarket near school because Jeno confessed to Karina there and they celebrated it with eating spicy ramyeon.

So, they chose to date on Saturday, and picnic was the choice they decided after sorting "first date place recommendation" on the internet. Both of them will go to a public park while having a picnic. Jeno and Karina also agreed to cook each other food, or at least bring their favourite snacks to the picnic.

One day before the picnic day, Jeno was confused about what food he should get for his girlfriend. He is not a good cook, even until now, and mostly spends his time doing delivery. Even though Karina said she is fine with any food he cooks as long as it is edible or not expired, Jeno still wants Karina to have a good meal.

"Ah, I should have been learning to cook when I was still living with mom..." Jeno groaned frustratedly with eyes sticking on the phone, finding simple food recommendations on the internet. Yes, Jeno has been living alone in an apartment near his school, since his parents chose to live peacefully in a small village.

On the other hand, Karina as a good chef, putting her choice on traditional Korean food. Since Jeno likes roasted beef and bibimbap, Karina chose them both along with side dishes and some fruits as desserts. She also bought some snacks like chips to accompany them while they enjoy the park they will go on a date to.

So, how will the date go between the two lovers?
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀

💙
⠀⠀
⠀⠀
⠀⠀

The lovebirds decided to do the picnic date near Jeno's apartment. There is a big park where usually the people who live in the apartment buildings spend their time like jogging or just simply strolling around.

After texting Karina, telling he has arrived at the park (Karina didn't want to be picked up and wants to come alone), Jeno starts setting up the place for their first date.

He carefully looked around the park, trying to find a perfect place for their first date. Finally, Jeno selected a beautiful spot under a shady tree.

Jeno started to placed his homemade food on the mat, not wanting to ruin the "aesthetic" appearance. He ended up with simple Korean dishes that can be made for amateur cooks like him. Jeno also bought Karina's favorite beverage, Mogu Mogu with blueberry flavour.

While he only been there for ten minutes, suddenly someone called Jeno's name from a far with high-pitched voice.

"Jeno!"

The guy turned his face to the voice, to see Karina was running cutely to him. Jeno, obviously, flashes a grin to his girl.

The tall girl wearing the knee-length white flowy-type dress, her long, dark purple hair is styled in two braids with see-through bangs. Both of Karina's hands were full with a picnic basket on the right hand and a small bag on the left hand.

Finally, Karina arrived at the place they promised beforehand. Her eyes widened in shock seeing Jeno serving the Korean dishes, making Karina suddenly want to cry. She knows Jeno can barely cook except simple fried rice (beside instant noodles, cook rice, and boil the water), yet he tries his best to cook.

"Oh wow, you look so handsome, man. Geez, no wonder the girls still after you even knowing you got a girlfriend." Jeno snorts hearing Karina's compliment about his style, knowing her girlfriend's love language is sometimes words of attacking or mocking.