3 | A Heartbeat of Hope

Y/N POV

Taeyeon had been getting odd feelings lately, so she decided to undergo a pregnancy test just to be sure. She was surprised when the results came back positive. She'd only been with me for a few months, and while we'd talked about having kids, it all felt like an unreal dream. The reality was starting to sink in.

Taeyeon alighted on the edge of the bathroom sink, her hands twitching as she examined the small plastic stick in her fingers, the two pink lines boldly declaring the news. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Her heart was beating, and she was filled with a mix of excitement and anxiety.

She emerged from the bathroom and presented me with the pregnancy test. "Taeyeon, are you sure?" My voice was filled with a mixture of joy and worry as I saw the positive pregnancy test result. I'd been waiting outside the bathroom, my anticipation building with each passing second.

Taeyeon nodded slowly, tears in her eyes welling up. Her fingers trembled slightly as she drew the test closer to me. "I'm positive. We're going to have babies!"

I couldn't help but pick her up in my arms and pull her away from the bathroom. "Wow! Taeyeon. This is amazing! I'm very happy." I swung her around as I kissed her on the forehead, our laughter filling the room.

Taeyeon's grin lit up as she gripped my hand. "I'm excited and scared all at the same time, but I know we can do this together."

I gradually lowered her, holding her face in my palms, my gaze attached to hers. "Don't be worried, my Taengoo. This is in our hands. We're all in this together, and we'll figure it out along the way. You'll make an excellent Eomma, and I'll do my best as an Appa."

Taeyeon's eyes welled up with tears, but they were happy ones. "I'm so lucky to have you by my side."

I kissed her lips softly and reassuringly, leaning forward. "And I'm the luckiest person in the world to have you as my partner in this incredible journey."

We stood there at the bathroom door, wrapped in each other's arms, the positive pregnancy test in one hand and our dreams of parenting unfolding in front of us. The future was unclear, but one thing was certain. We were ready to embrace the journey, with all of its joys and hardships.

We decided to kick off by informing our family members. We wanted to share this momentous occasion with our loved ones. So we organised a dinner party and invited both of our families. The dinner at our place was a carefully arranged event, full of expectation and enthusiasm. Taeyeon had been giddy with excitement all day, and she couldn't wait to tell our family. Taeyeon's homemade lasagna, a family favourite, was on the table, and we had a lovely dessert waiting for the big reveal.

Our family began to arrive as the sun began to set beyond the horizon, bathing the dining room in a warm, golden glow. We smiled and hugged them, but the tense nervousness in the room was evident. The moment we'd been anticipating was approaching.

The room was alive with laughter, humorous stories, and the clinking of glasses as we all gathered around the table. Taeyeon, who was seated next to me, looked at me with a mixture of joy and nervousness. I squeezed her hand beneath the table to encourage her, and she took a big breath.