10 | Cherished Tomorrow

Y/N POV

The sun hung like a brilliant orb in the azure sky, its rays caressing the humble suburban community where Taeyeon's mother lived. As our car came to a stop in the familiar driveway, our family's excitement bubbled up like champagne in a glass. Taeyeon and I exchanged knowing smiles, anticipating the delight our visit would bring to her mother and our girls.

"Grandma! Grandma!" Our daughters' enthusiastic screams, Jimin, Aeri, and Minjeong, exploded from the car, pushed by their limitless excitement. They sprang forth like a whirlwind, their laughter a symphony of ecstasy as they raced across the perfectly manicured lawn, their tiny feet hardly touching the ground. Their path was clear to the front door, where their grandma welcomed them with wide arms.

"Slow down, girls!" I called after them, amusement shining in my eyes as I fetched our luggage from the trunk. Their cheeky spirit was contagious.

Mrs. Kim, my mother-in-law, waited in the doorway, radiating warmth and welcome. Her face lit up like a beacon at the sight of her grandkids, and her eyes twinkled with love as she opened her arms wide. "Oh, my darlings!" she said, her voice a sweet combination of love and joy.

The girls jumped into her waiting hug with uncontrolled pleasure, their giggles blending with Mrs. Kim's laughter like the sweetest of symphonies. It was a moment straight out of a storybook, a tableau of pure, unadulterated joy that engulfed us all in its comfortable embrace.

"Eomma, it's so good to see you," Taeyeon remarked, going forward to give her mother a warm hug, their affection apparent.

Mrs. Kim warmly reciprocated the embrace, holding her daughter close for a minute before pulling back to gaze at her in affection. "You, too, sweetheart. It has been too long."

We followed them into the house, greeted by the familiar smell of home cooking and the soothing sounds of family conversation. Mrs. Kim led us into the comfortable living room, where plush couches beckoned and treasured family portraits covered the walls like silent witnesses to the past.

"Sit, sit!" Mrs. Kim insisted, waving for us to make ourselves at home. Her grin was bright and infectious.

As we settled in, Mrs. Kim went into the kitchen to prepare some refreshments, leaving Taeyeon and myself to catch up with our daughters in the comfort of the living room.

"Did you miss Grandma?" I inquired, playfully tousling Jimin's hair as she nestled up next to me on the couch, her eyes beaming with delight.

"Yeah! We haven't seen her in forever!" Aeri spoke up, her joy mirroring her sister's as she leaned close, her look full of admiration for her grandmother.

Minjeong nodded enthusiastically, her hair bouncing with each movement. "Can we stay here forever, Appa?" she inquired with a hopeful look, her naive sincerity pulling at my heartstrings.

I leaned down to kiss her forehead, amused by her enthusiasm. "Maybe not forever, sweetheart, but we can certainly enjoy our time here to the fullest."

Mrs. Kim soon reappeared with a tray full of delicious food and cool drinks, her smile warm and inviting as she placed it on the coffee table in front of us. "Help yourselves, everyone," she murmured, her eyes bright with excitement at seeing her family reunited once more.

So we spent the afternoon eating homemade snacks and telling stories about our daily lives, the connections in our family becoming stronger with each new moment. Mrs. Kim listened closely, her heart filling with pride as she saw her loved ones laugh, love, and enjoy each other's presence.

The sun sank low on the horizon, giving a golden tint to the peaceful suburban area as Taeyeon and I strolled hand in hand, appreciating the tranquilly of the moment. Our children's laughter resonated in the distance, combining with the soft rustle of leaves in the evening breeze.

"It's so peaceful here, Jagiya." Taeyeon said softly as she leaned against my side, hand linked with mine.

I nodded in accord, a happy smile on my lips as I looked around at the beautiful surroundings. "It really is, Taengoo."

Taeyeon abruptly came to a halt, her eyes gleaming with pleasure as she turned to face me, a gorgeous smile on her lips. "I have something to tell you," she replied, her voice full of anticipation.

I gazed at her, curious about her sudden shift of demeanour. "What is it?"

Taeyeon took a deep breath, a gleam in her eyes, before saying the words that would forever impact our lives. "I'm pregnant with our fourth baby."

For a minute, I was stunned, my head swirling at the gravity of her announcement. And then, as the realisation set in, my heart swelled with delight and love, threatening to burst from my chest. "Really?" I managed to speak, but my voice was clogged with emotion.

Taeyeon nodded eagerly, her eyes beaming with joy. "Yes, really."

In that moment, surrounded by the dimming light of day and the tranquil beauty of the neighbourhood, all I could do was take her into a close embrace, my heart full of thanks and love. We laughed together, the sound echoing through the evening air, a symphony of pure joy.

As we made our way back to the house, the excitement inside us threatened to burst at any time. We couldn't wait to tell our children and Mrs. Kim that our weekend visit was going to be an amazing celebration.

When we returned to the house, the atmosphere was electric with expectation. Our children were gathered in the living room, and their faces lit up with curiosity as they waited for us to return.

"We have something to tell you," Taeyeon said, her voice full of excitement as she took a seat next to our girls.

All eyes turned to us, eager and expecting. And then, with a shared glance and heartfelt grins, we conveyed the news that would forever impact our family.

"I'm pregnant," Taeyeon announced, her voice full of delight as she glanced at our children.

The room exploded in applause and hugs, and our children engulfed us in a flurry of delight and congratulations. Mrs. Kim was beaming with pride and happiness as she embraced us all, her eyes filled with tears of joy.

Our weekend visit had evolved into a celebration of life and love, demonstrating the bond that held our family together. And while we basked in the warmth of our loved ones' embrace, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with thankfulness for the wonderful family we had made together.

-TO BE CONTINUE-