Melody of memories

~~DISCLAIMER~~

for the readers you may know that atlas may never went to war in world war 1 there is no evidence to show that atlas went to war in fact we don't know his family history or past at all completely covered by the author of this webcomic
Tracy J. butler

but let's just say that Mr. Atlas May was arrested by the police in 1917 perhaps because of crimes he committed at that time. Atlas May was then asked whether he would serve ten years in prison for his crimes or enlist as a soldier on the Western Front. On 28 July 1917, as the Great War drew to a close, he entrusted the lackadaisy temporary to his trusted man he knows
🪓 Mordecai Heller️🪓

and in that battle in western front, Atlas will meet Max, who at that time was just 22 years old at the time of their first meeting when their platoon attacked the defense line of the Allied base, which at that time Atlas's platoon was guarding there.

(and will be explained in this chapter with an interesting flashback😏)

that's enough explanation let's continue this story

🎩SHALL WE🎩

~~♣️~~

In the midst of the awkward atmosphere, Max expressed sincere apologies, "I deeply regret and apologize for not being able to attend your husband's funeral. Now that our business is concluded, I shall take my leave." With a tip of his white fedora, Max walked away, his countenance reflecting a sense of emptiness, until he encountered a young adult cat with grey fur, blue eyes, and a bushy tail. Dressed in a blue suit, complete with an orange tie bearing the initial 'R,' and a white undershirt, he approached, carrying several bottles of alcohol accompanied by an orange cat with yellow eyes and a few distinct markings.

"Ah, did we miss something?" he inquired, the orange cat with him bearing unique markings on its fur. Ivy, recognizing their return, immediately kissed the cheek of the orange cat, whose face turned as red as strawberries. The scene added a touch of complexity, intertwining humor, jocularity, and a hint of melancholy in the distinct style of a mafia tale.

Miss May, observing the interaction, couldn't help but smile through her sorrow. The air in Lackadaisy Speakeasy, thick with history and camaraderie, became a canvas for the intricate dynamics of a world that blended laughter and tears, loyalty and complexity.

The grey cat, approached Max with a firm handshake, introducing himself with a touch of humor, "Rocky Rickarby at your service." Behind him, Calvin McMurray, the shy orange cat, cautiously ,introducing himself as Freckle. shyly emerged, a timid smile on his face.

Max, maintaining his calm demeanor, responded with a touch of humor, "Pleasure to meet you, Rocky. And Freckle, no need to hide - I won't bite." He then graciously acknowledged both of them, "Rocky, Freckle, you two take care. Perhaps our paths will cross again under less somber circumstances."

As Max bid them farewell, Rocky, always the joker, quipped, "If you ever need someone to liven up a party or, you know, a discreet catnip supplier, you know where to find us!" Freckle, finding his voice, added, "Yeah, nice meeting you, Max."

With a final tip of his white fedora and a parting nod, Max left the underground chamber, leaving behind a mix of characters and a dash of humor in the midst of the clandestine world they inhabited.