𝒊. scene one

╏ 𝖬𝖮𝖭𝖤𝖸 𝖧𝖤𝖨𝖲𝖳
⤷ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺

╏ 𝖬𝖮𝖭𝖤𝖸 𝖧𝖤𝖨𝖲𝖳    ⤷ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺

     What was the purpose of a shadow? Ubiquitous, and yet they go unnoticed

     What was the purpose of a shadow? Ubiquitous, and yet they go unnoticed. Historically important, for they provided evidence of light traversing in straight lines. They gave protection, cover, a shield against danger. Humans had constantly, but unconsciously, used shadows to their advantage, wether decently or maliciously.

     Rosa Julian considered herself a participant in both parties. Which side was she on? Her benefits were always the factor to decide her moral standpoint. Hypocritical, sure. But in the end, what she gained from her sacrificed morale, was her driving force. Her prudential instincts had been the saving grace of her family.

     The shade of the street's blind spot provided her the cover she always needed as she chewed, unconsciously, on the straw of her lemonade. Drops of condensation trailed down her fingers when the vibration in her back pocket drew away her attention away from the house she was observing.

     The brunette woman pulled out her temporary phone and immediately answered the familiar set of digits. "You're not supposed to have this number."

     "I have my ways." The baritone of his voice made her smirk.

     "You've moved up in the world, Dom." Rosa spoke, dumping her empty cup into a can and moved out of her spot. "From an illegal street-racer and part-time truck hijacker, to a beloved man that stole gas for the people of DR, and now a wanted criminal killing Federal Agents."