Star Light AU: A 'Date' (Aster x Tails)

(This is Francis_FanFictions' AU, not mine! Aster belongs to her! Also, the ship name is "AsTails".)

3rd Person P.O.V

Tails has had feelings for Aster for a while now, and is DYING to tell him, but he's just too nervous and messes it up every time!

Flashback

Tails was going to meet Aster at the chao garden, but when the wolf arrived, he didn't see Tails anywhere. He waited patiently for him to show, but eventually got annoyed of waiting for so long and left after 20 minutes to save himself the disappointment.

Tails however, was at his home, trying to give himself some confidence. But when he arrived, Aster had already left.

Flashback End

Now, the fox had to make it up to his friend. He owed it to him! So he invited him to go ice-skating where he'd FINALLY confess.

Tails' P.O.V

I was so nervous. What if he doesn't like me back? What if he thinks I'm weird? What if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore? What if he stood me up like how I accidentally did to him? What if-? He cut off my thoughts when he came into the skating area...

Aster's P.O.V

I had my skates on and I walked slowly into the skating area. I've never gone skating before, and walking in them was hard enough. I saw Tails and he came over. "Hey, Aster!" He grabbed my hand to help me walk. "Th-Thanks..." I stuttered. "No problem." He smiled.

He guided me to the ice and stepped on. He held the railing with one hand as he helped me on the ice. I held the railing with my left hand while Tails held my right. We were skating slowly... but together.

Slowly and slowly I got the hang of it and we went at what could be called 'a little faster than walking pace'. Without realizing, my hand had slipped from the rail. Once I had realized, I immediately alerted Tails.

"Uhhh- Tails..? My hand slipped from the rail..." I said nervously. "Huh?" He asked, looking over. "Th-The rail..!" I said louder. "Oh!" He skated closer to the railing. I was about to grab it when some other skaters zoomed by Tails and knocking him down, but not me. He had pushed me towards the railing just before he fell.

Quick reflexes... just like his brother.

I watched Tails come over to the rail and use it to help him get up. "Umm... th-thanks." I said nervously. He gave me a nervous smile and chuckles awkwardly. "No problem... hehe." He grabbed my hand.

--

We continued skating for a while and then we went to go get lunch. We went to this diner downtown and the food was delicious.

--

Then after that, we went back to his house, since I've been staying there when I came to live in their world instead of the 'Star Light' dimension. At least that's what they called it... 'A world between worlds'...

Sounds cooler described than it was being there.

Tails dragged me over to the couch. "Wanna watch TV? Or play a game?" I smiled and nodded. "Sure..!" I smiled at him. I swore I saw some blush on him face...

Tails' P.O.V

Gah! His smile is so cute!~ I love it when he smiles like that... I realized I was staring when he waved his hand in my face. "Er- Tails?" I turned my head away. I froze and then grabbed the remote. "W-What do you wanna watch?" I asked and he shrugged. Right, he's never really watched TV before... I'm an idiot.