Return

It has been a year since C/N had visited Narnia, She missed it so much, more than anyone could ever feel or imagine. She missed Lucy, Susan, Peter, and most of all Edmund.

Shortly after their return, C/N and her grandparents moved to England. She wasn't happy about moving, partly because that meant moving away from Edmund who she had grown fondly for. However, she made it work. She wrote to him everyday.

But life eventually caught up with her, she barely wrote Edmund anymore.

One thing that made life almost unbearable was the passing of her grandmother. Since she left, her grandfather was absolutely oppressive.

He criticized, taunted, and basically yelled at her all the time. He drank an abundance of alcohol daily and he barely got out of bed. Ever since his wife died, he changed and for the worst.

(C/N) hated to think bad things, but she wished that the good Lord would take him one day.

(C/N) couldn't leave tho, her grandmother wanted her to take care of her grandfather. It was her dying wish. Some days she could tolerate his actions, but others; she would cry her self to sleep.

She wished her grandmother was here everyday. (C/N) urned for the woman, but she knew that it wasn't possible for her grandmother to be here.

(C/N) woke up on this fine day ready and refreshed. This was one of her days off of work, she planned to enjoy it. The girl looked at her clock on the side of the bed and sighed. It was early in the morning, her grandfather would be up soon to go to work. He'd want breakfast ready.

(C/N) got out of bed and placed her bathrobe on. She slid her feet into her slippers before tying the rope on her robe.

The young girl walked down stairs and entered the small kitchen. She began a pot of coffee and placed a pan on one of the burners for some eggs.

Once she got things sorted and ready to go, she pulled out some sausages.

After a few minutes of cooking things, she heard her grandfather heavily stepping down the stairs. (C/N) braced for the impact of her grandfathers wrath.

"Hello grandfather." (C/N) said in a very polite tone of voice.

However, like usual, it wasn't reciprocated back.

"What's for breakfast?" He asked in a grouchy voice.

(C/N) sighed a frustrated breath, "Eggs and Sausage."

"Can you ever fix anything different?"

"I'm sorry grandfather, I was planing on running to the store today." (C/N) politely replied even tho she felt like fussing back.

What good would that do, he'd only get angrier and punish the poor girl. She contemplated leaving in the middle of the night multiple times, but he needed her. What would he do without (C/N)?

"Well, see that you do." Her grandfather told her.

He sat down at the table and picked up the morning paper, he began reading.

(C/N) went back to cooking.
~
Once they all ate, it was time for her grandfather to go to work. (C/N) had already packed his lunch.

"Remember your chores as well as the store." Said her grandfather as they both walked to the front door.

(C/N) brought him his lunch and nodded, "Don't worry I won't forget. I love you."

Her grandfather looked at her and made a sour expression, he walked out the door without a word.