What are Packaging Inserts?

Thinking about a cost-friendly marketing technique to boost your brand value and story? A packaging insert is an extra item that companies or retailers put into the box before handing/shipping the product over to a customer.

Packaging inserts are a great way to share your brand story, increase your loyalty, and create a positive "ahh-ha" moment for the customers.

Learn about what can do for your business and brand. This blog also gives an overview of various types of packaging inserts you can consider for your product.

Why You Should Use Packaging Inserts

Packaging inserts can be a lightweight and low-cost way to capture your customer's attention. Inserts are also one of the primary touchpoints of the customers. And, when they are executed correctly, packaging inserts can also bring great return on investments (ROI). Read about the five benefits of using packaging inserts.

1.Enhanced Unboxing Experience

30% of businesses experienced an increase in revenues after they improved their packaging. Packaging inserts elevate the unboxing experience by creating a visually appealing and organised presentation. Custom-designed inserts can reflect brand identity and add a touch of elegance, making the product feel more premium and valued.

2.Clear Communication and Instructions

Packaging inserts can serve as a valuable communication tool, providing clear instructions on product usage, assembly, care, and safety precautions. They can also include warranty information, contact details for customer support, and promotional offers.

3.Increased Marketing and Cross-Selling Opportunities

Have another product you want to highlight to the customer? Or seeking to increase your brand exposure? Packaging inserts can do just that. Inserts featuring complimentary products or new launches make a segway for cross-selling and upselling opportunities. They can also serve as a platform for customer feedback and testimonials.

4.Unlimited Customisation Options

The beauty about packaging inserts is that you already know what the customer has ordered and therefore can customise and tailor the insert to their needs. Customise the inserts according to the purpose and the product they are meant to go along with. This small effort will make the customer feel valued. Let your customers enjoy an experience that is tailored specifically for them. We also recommend that you continue to update the packaging inserts to meet the demands of the evolving customer.

5.Reinforces Brand Story and Builds Customer Loyalty

Packaging inserts offer an opportunity to reinforce brand messaging and tell the brand's story. They are the perfect medium to showcase your brand's values, sustainability initiatives, and unique selling propositions. Inserts also foster a stronger connection with consumers because it shows that you value and care about the person by building a positive experience. Including names, tailoring content according to customer, or including relevant product recommendations makes the customer feel recognised and special.

Next, we discuss the various types of packaging inserts you can try.

6 Different Types of Packaging Inserts

As explained earlier, packaging inserts are additional pieces that are added to the packaging to elevate the end-user experience. They create a "wow" unboxing experience and encourage cross-selling. Here are five types of packaging inserts you can think about including in your shipment or packaging.

1.Discount Offers and Codes

Who doesn't love a special discount coupon or code? Exclusive discounts, coupon codes, or promotional vouchers incentivizes customers to repeat their purchase. It also encourages customer loyalty. An advantage of including discount codes as packaging inserts is that you're sure that the customer will receive it instead of getting lost in email and spam folders.