Chapter 4

Next Morning
No one's POV
.
.
.
As everyone gets up and gets their gear on, we see Qrow sitting up against a nearby tree. He is awake, and watches the kids, with a small but barely noticeable smile.

Soon, Erza walks into the camp, with a cold look on his face. Qrow sees this, and pokes him a question.

Qrow: Erz? What's wrong kid?

Erza: I...I have to go.

Qrow: What? Why?

Erza: I-

Ruby: Uncle Qrow? What's going on?

Qrow: Go back to the others Ruby. Erza... what's this all about? You have to leave?

Erza: Listen, I'll keep you up to date, the kids are around so I can't say too much-

Jaune: Why? Because you don't trust us? We know about the maidens and Salem!

Erza: I know, but this is bigg-

Jaune: No! We work as a team! So what is bigger than Salem?!

Qrow: Kid!

Jaune: NO! You act so high and mighty, yet all you are is a scared little bo-

Erza: Shut it.
.
.
.
I'm being hunted, by all the kingdoms. I'm no stranger to fear, but I am at the point in my life where I have nothing to fear.
.
I act like how I do to make sure I'm still alive, to remind myself of what the happier times were like.
.
While you were at Beacon having fun, you know where I was? Alone. Alone in some country fighting Grimm until I was strong enough to kill anything.

Nora: wait... anything..?

Erza: Yes. I built a target on my back, and now I must go. I'll meet you guys whenever, wherever.
.
.
.
Qrow: Erza, promise me you will be alright..

Erza: I promise... I'll see you guys.

Qrow: Where are you going?

Erza: Somewhere, and Nowhere.

Erza then disappears into the shadows, leaving no trace.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow? What does Erza mean by having a target on his back?

Qrow: Well how about this, Do you know of the huntsman Ryan Thomas?

Nora: Duh! He's legendary!

Ruby: He was so cool! And he went to Beacon!

Jaune: He was my family's favorite huntsman back then.

Ren: But what does he have to do with Erza?

Qrow: What is Erza's last name?

RNJR: Thomas- WAIT!

Qrow: Yup. He has a target on his back from Salem. His semblance is unique, no one has a similar one nor the same powers.
.
He is the strongest... but even the strongest will fall.
.
His family died when he was 6, he lived alone for basically 12 years, I trained him for a bit...
.
He carries sins that no kid that age should have. He fights the dark with the light, but someday that light will fade out, leaving no darkness.
.
He never made friends, Never had a team, never went to school, never had fun. But yet, he smiles like he's just a regular teen.
.
He is a kid in a position no kid should be in, he has nothing to lose, nothing to fear. He lives to protect people for their families, not for himself.
.
Please, be kind to him, As he doesn't know what having someone care about him is like.
.
.
.
RNJR: Yes sir..

Qrow: Now let's get going, we still have a long ways to go.

Erza: I'm sorry, Qrow .