1

"They didn't wanna train some rooky right out of college right now, that's what they basically said." Ruby angrily explained the job interview that she had just experienced an hour ago. "Those bitches," she mumbled under her breath.
She made a pit stop at a juice bar before coming home because she felt she deserved it afterwards. Ruby loved her some boba tea.

"Aw, I'm sorry hun. But it's just temporary and no one said this was gonna be easy after college."
It was proving to be more difficult than she imagined to get to the career choice she made for herself, an aquatic physical therapist. There are extra steps involved. However she'd been a lifeguard for multiple years with every summer she had and not one person drowned on her watch. So she's got the aquatic part down pat.

"Go online and see what's available ASAP." Bills were due to be paid by next week and only one of them had a full-time job at the moment.

She propped up her legs on their sofa and opened her laptop to search on decent job websites for whatever was available for her. Henry walked by and peeked at the screen wanting to help her in narrowing down to only the best for his best friend.

"Look at this one." he pointed at her screen to stop her from scrolling.
"I know it's not what you wanted, hun, but it's a good job, you're a supervisor for twenty dollars an hour." Henry tried to pump up her mood.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. It looked like no one was hiring in the physical therapy department.
"Mm'yeah, okay, it's fine." She was so moody today, these hurdles of life really messed with her plan. "I'm gonna take their tiny soaps and stuff though if I see them."

"Ooh, bring me some too!"

A week later Ruby had quit her bartending part time job at the Blue Tail and she was sad to admit she was going to miss the only really hot bartender that looked like he just came out of an erotic novel for lonely cat ladies. It was too bad eye candy, Leo was engaged.

She now made her way to the hotel, the Castaway resort & gardens as the aquatics supervisor. It had been exhausting to learn the whole map of the place but a couple of tours later she was getting the hang on things. This morning she saw a new guy at the security stop. A rader handsome one too.

"Good morning, ma'm, employee ID please?" she sighed and ruffled threw her purse for a bit until she found it. "Thank you" the security guard held it up to the height of her face and looked twice at her, admiring her beauty then handed it back to her with a smile. "Have a nice day, Ruby Flores."

She gave him a small wave and she walked away with a sway in her hips to the employee poolside lockers. She'd remember to look for him again tomorrow. After locking up her belongings she took off her cover up and switched her sandals for flip flops. Joined in with the lifeguards she gave them their daily instructions before taking a seat at the tallest tower. She usually waited until she saw everyone doing well and doing their job then went into the office to organize all department related paperwork, including payroll.

Later on she inspected and ensured the cleanliness of the pool's extra facilities. Some days she must call maintenance for safety and operational effectiveness of facilities. The resort is massive and she has to oversee everything in one day, five days a week with help from the other outdoor lifeguards. Not to mention the ones near the indoor water playground that has three fun-looking water slides, and a wading pool for little ones. The least stressful part of the aquatic part of the resort was an enormous almost 25-person hot tub that was only for adults. Some teenagers try to hop in from time to time but someone usually puts a stop to them pretty quickly.
The day went on without a hitch and Ruby headed home for dinner. When she got there she was alone, Henry was probably with his boyfriend, Eric, no doubt. She heated up the leftovers from yesterday and did the widest stretch making her muscles strain in the process. The TV in the living room was on and her braids were down from having them pulled up all day, now she could finally relax.

On the other side of town Henry and Eric had made their way to the juice bar nearby after dinner together at Eric's loft. They ordered some healthy drinks and moved over to keep the line behind them moving. Henry liked to people-watch and often made it into a game with Ruby and Eric. He started naming strangers and giving them ages and random occupations. Eric laughed a little too loud at one about a made up cowboy striper in his 20s with a fetish of licking armpits. Henry covered his own mouth to stop himself from cracking up. They barely noticed the tall muscular man that walked behind them and accidentally listened in to that last part of their conversation.
"Actually he's a dental hygienist so we would never go anywhere near that."

Henry and Eric got startled and turned around within seconds. There he was in a navy blue jacket that had the words 'security' on it, taller than both of them at six foot, two inches with muscles to match his occupation. Eric was more or less impressed by the newcomer, admiring his sun kissed tan and dark waves of hair complementing his slow growing beard. Henry coughed to gain his attention back.

"Sorry. Do you know him?" Henry asked, a little embarrassed by the situation.

The guy laughed and shook his head, no. He just wanted to mess with them as soon as he heard the way they were describing strangers. It was something they had in common. Eric sighed relieved at the awkwardness that could have been there if they did know each other.

"Have a good night y'all." The stranger said as he walked away and onto the sidewalk path.

They waved him off and chuckled to themselves. After a little while longer they called it a night and Eric dropped Henry off at his home before heading home himself.