Chapter 03 - Alcohol

Charlie's POV

"Where should I take you?" I asked the actress after driving aimlessly for a few blocks.

Elizabeth was clearly upset. I couldn't help overhearing her conversation with Robbie since my car doesn't have dividing windows between the driver's seat and the back. "Take me to a bar, please. I need a drink," she said in a still annoyed tone.

"Without disrespecting you, Miss Olsen, are you sure you want to go to a bar? In your current state, I don't think it's the best idea. There might be paparazzi, you know..." I tried to convince her to reconsider.

After thinking for a moment, she spoke again, "I think you're right. I don't want to be seen alone drinking at a bar after the Oscars," she said more calmly. "But really, I need a drink."

I turned into a street and parked the car in an open space. I settled into my seat to look at her without using the rearview mirror. "I know a discreet place, but your attire will attract a lot of attention," I commented, and from the expression on her face, I could tell she hesitated about exposing herself to the public.

"I guess I didn't think much when I left Robbie alone at home. Mmmm... I could go to a friend's place, although I'm not sure if she's in the city, or I could go to my mother's. But right now, I don't feel like explaining," sighed Elizabeth, a bit frustrated.

I knew my job was to take her to the event and bring her back home, but the situation was different now. I also didn't want to leave her alone in her current state. After thinking for a bit, I offered her the only thing I thought might calm her. "If you want, I can lend you some of my clothes, and then I'll take you wherever you want," I suggested.

Elizabeth looked at me attentively, considering my proposal. "You don't know me, would you really do that for me?" she asked, surprised.

"Of course, Miss Olsen. Until I leave you in a safe place, my job is not done," I replied sincerely.

"Please, let's drop the formalities. Call me Lizzie. And I accept your offer, shall we?" she decided, more calmly.

"Okay, Lizzie." I settled into my seat and drove again.

About 10 minutes later, I parked in front of my house. I got out of the car and went to Lizzie's door, opened it, and she came out, taking my hand. The surprise on her face was evident as she looked outside of the house. "Wow, your house is beautiful, Charlotte," she commented.

 "Wow, your house is beautiful, Charlotte," she commented