PART 2: Pride

Leaving the Hills of Banatres, I see the weather is clearer.

Its sunnier, I see farmland and villages for miles.

These are the Column Plains. One of the most prospering regions of Nurun.

A city, Fuowad, sits in the distance. That is my next stop.

I am here to cleanse my pride, the sin that led me away from my humility.

But after that ritual with Rulod, my energy is regrettably low, I need lodging for the night.

And there should be an inn in Fuowad, where I can stay, drink and hopefully get some guidance to the shrine of Pride.

As I pass by the farms, the people are working hard.

As I enter the bustling town of Fuowad, I look around for a place to stay, perhaps a good inn is here?

I see a wooden sigh hanging next to a door.

The creaking sounds resound as the wind blows it.

I look at the sign: "The Bear Claw Inn"

Perfect.

This is where I shall lodge. I feel the good sense that the rest here will refresh me hardly.

As I walk through the door of the inn, the warmth of the fireplace embraces me.

A tankard of water and a moment of silence on this loud journey should do me good.

Taking a seat a the bar, the man behind the counter comes to me.

"Ah, a priest! From the robe, one from Yellow? Fuowad is the home of the priests of Purple and their cathedral, what brings you here? Oh, and sorry, father priest, what would you like to drink?"

"Ah, my son, a tankard of water will do, and a room for the night is what I have the coin for."

"Alright, please, continue talking, i'll get your drink."

"Well, I am but a humbled priest of Yellow, traveling the lands of this great world to get rid of my sins. Here in the Column Plains, I seek to undo my pride."

He curiously gazes at me as he pushes the tankard, I return the coins for the drink and the room for the night.

"Tell me, my son, do you know of any shrine here dedicated to the sin of Pride?"

He puts his hand on his chin and looks like he is thinking through.

"A shrine dedicated to a sin? Can't say I know one. There is a shrine at the Purple Cathedral here in Fuowad, and only priests of Purple are allowed to pray there."

I understand his reason, but I am now lost, I do not know where to go to find the place that can cleanse my sin.

"Although... Shrine? Perhaps its not in the city, but somewhere outside the walls, the local adventurers guild might be able to help, they do all the exploring."

I take a sip of my tankard while the man behind the bar minds his business.

"Say, father priest, why do you seek to mend your sins all over the world? Can't you rid of them... You know, at home perhaps? In the Yellow Cathedral?"

"Ah, thank you, my son, for the guidance. Alas, I can't do it back in Donjire due to my banishment, until my sins are fixed, I can not and will not return to the city. I do not deserve the solace and sacred sense of my homeland, a veil blocks my reentry, and so I was forced to go on this pilgrimage."

"Ah, and Fuowad is one of your stops, I understand."

After I finish my water he guides me to my room.