𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. the prefect's bathroom

XVI —— the prefect's bathroom

🦢

THE RAIN HASN'T STOPPED SINCE eight o'clock the night before; Fianna's school cloaks have been charmed to be waterproof for years, so even in this miserable downpour, she can walk from one side of the castle courtyards to another without the fear of her hair getting frizzy.

It was one of the first things Salome taught her when she first took Fianna under her wing, alongside how to do her makeup and dress herself. Fianna felt a bit like Salome's dress-up doll, but also liked the attention from it. She thought that it was what having a big sister felt like. If she knew then what she knows now, she wonders if she would've been so happy about the makeover, given how complicated things have become.

She's kept Salome's teachings with her, though, pulling style advice from memory whenever she gets ready. These are what colours suit you, these hair products will work for you. Go here for clothes, but their knitwear's scratchy so avoid it. At the start of Fianna's fourth year, Salome presented her with school jumpers and sweater vests from the same Parisian wizard boutique she bought her own from, because they were miles better than Madam Malkin's. Fianna felt like she was friends with Fashion Jesus.

Fianna's Mary Janes (Salome's suggestion; ones heeled enough to give Fianna an extra inch, but not enough the teachers got pissy) hit the stone pavement leading towards Defence Against the Dark Arts. Regulus is waiting outside of the classroom for her. He kisses her quickly as a form of hello, something that Fianna still isn't used to.

It's been one full day since they kissed; she supposes there's no difference to their relationship to the outside world, because they were always apparently dating, but things feel miles different. Fianna doesn't know if they're dating now, which caused an entire evening of overthinking yesterday. (Like, they're fake-dating, yeah, but do they discuss turning the fake relationship into a real one? Do they date before that? Does Fianna mention going on a date, but she wants him to ask first for that thing? But does the normal rules of chivalry even matter when they've been fake-dating for so long?)