Chapter 1

Amelia's POV 

I woke up just like any other morning and sat up. It was weird living alone. I mean, sure I had my loyal cat, Jasper, but I never felt like I had company. My parents died a week ago and things have been so lonely since then. Deciding not to think about it, I stood up and left the room. 

 I walked into the kitchen and prepared some scrambled eggs. I felt as if I wasn't alone, like mom and dad were cooking with me. But that couldn't happen unless I was haunted by ghosts. I shouldn't think that. Ghosts are a myth. A myth. Just a figment of people's imagination that make people think that they are being followed/haunted by invisible creatures that scare the shit out of them.

I chuckle a little at the thought. Yeah, like that could be real. It's just movie stuff. It only happens in movies and shows, like Supernatural for example. They hunt down demons and ghosts and shit, but it's not real. I shake my head as I eat my breakfast. 

 I put my dirty dishes into the sink and walk into my room again. I change into a red plaid shirt and some ripped jeans. I throw on some converse and grab my wallet. Maybe I can go on a walk to clear my mind? I nod to myself and walk outside, petting Jasper on the way out. 

 I started walking down the street, thinking it will clear my mind, It didn't. I still thought about it. I felt as if someone was watching me. I shrugged it off and walked to a near by park. The park was completely empty. That proves that people are too caught up in their electronics... I sat down on a bench and listened to everything. It was really quiet.

All I could hear was the swing set creaking as is swung slightly. I looked up at the sky. I still felt as if someone was watching me. A chill went down my spine. I'm not sure why though. I felt a buzz. I pulled out my phone to see a text from one of my friends, Allison. 

It read:

Alison: Yo! I heard about this place that is haunted. You should check it out! 

 I replied. 

 Me: Why don't you check it out? 

 Alison: Because I know you don't believe in ghosts. 

 She was true. I didn't believe in ghosts and shit like that. Maybe I could check it out. 

Me: Where is it? 

 Alison: It's that old prison near that funky gas station. 

 Old prison, eh? This will turn out fantastic. I chuckle at myself and stand up, shoving my phone into my pocket. I start walking towards home so I could drive to this place. It's probably not haunted at all. Because ghosts aren't real.