Magic Money

Warning - Implied Swearing!!!

AN: I made this for my writing class with a few small writing suggestions from "group project members", but I wrote all of this version. -w-"

So, uh, this definitely ain't one of my normal fics.

Also, I did make the cover mostly out of stock images, lol.

I hope you enjoy this regardless! ^w^

----------

INT. KITCHEN – LATE MORNING

In a very small and cramped kitchen, CALLUM, a twenty-five-year-old man sits at a small table with some tax return papers. Callum places his head in his hands, rubbing his temples in frustration.

ZACK, Callum's twenty-two-year-old roommate, comes running into the kitchen. He grabs Callum by the chair he's sitting in, shaking him.

ZACK: Dude! Dude! You are NOT gonna believe this!

CALLUM: (sarcastic) We have enough money to afford the rent this month?

Zack LAUGHS and shakes his head "No". Callum SIGHS and leans back in his seat.

CALLUM: What is it? You better not tell me you bought something else from those stupid infomercials again. Like that dumb "magic money egg" you bought that just vanished?

ZACK: Hey, this is WAY better than the dragon egg! McDonald's is basically giving out FREE money!

Zack pulls out his phone and shows him a photo of the ad he was referring to. Callum shakes his head.

CALLUM: There's no such thing as free money, stupid! With how you spend it, it's like our money just vanishes into thin air!

ZACK: Well, duh, you gotta buy some food first.

Zack grins as he puts away his phone. Callum glares at him.

CALLUM: There is no way in hell you're dragging me out to get fast food of all things right now. We're tight enough on money as is!

INT. CAR – EARLY NOON

Callum sits in the driver's seat of a small beaten-up black car, Zack in the passenger seat next to him.

CALLUM: If we don't at least win back the money we're spending on food, I'm going to kill you.

EXT. MCDONALD'S DRIVE-THRU – EARLY NOON

The McDonald's drive-thru is packed with cars, at least twenty visible, stretched around the building. Callum and Zack's vehicle is two cars away from the kiosk to order.

INT. CAR – EARLY NOON

Zack SCOFFS and waves Callum off.

ZACK: We're gonna win BIG. I can feel it!

CALLUM: (mutters) Oh, you'll definitely feel it if we don't.

EXT. MCDONALD'S DRIVE-THRU – EARLY NOON

The line of cars begins to move again. Callum and Zack are now one car away from the kiosk to order.

INT. CAR – EARLY NOON

Callum SIGHS out loud, leaning his head on the steering wheel.