The First Sight

Art by JKSketchy on DeviantArt

Summary: | ingredients: playground fun, sunset sights, and reassurances |

♤♧♤

Blake was bored out of his mind.

He leaned his head on his mitt and played with his pen with the other. It had officially been about four months since they got resurrected, and it had been exactly 4 months since torture began. And by "torture", he meant homeschool.

As enthusiastic as he'd been before, Blake was slowly and surely losing his mind being locked up in Her's house all day. Sure, it was nice and huge and the first few days had been great (Her had thrown a huge welcome party with a bunch of other heroes, and his dad invited), but most of his days had been wasted by sitting at a desk learning about — ugh — Berserk. His only highlight of his day was training (Blake had learned that he had this wicked ice power, and he couldn't have been more ecstatic).

He glanced at his brother's lazily. On his right, Bash was diligently working, filling out answers at the speed of light while squinting at the page. On his left, Breaker had all his answers filled out randomly and was doodling.

"Are you three done with your tests?" Her asked airily, peering down at them all through her spectacles.

All three nodded and she began collecting them all. Blake glanced down at his own sheet — filled out, but with a crude drawing of Berserk on the side. Something was missing though. He quickly added devil horns and a tail to her before handing it to his expectant mother.

Her stacked them all neatly and scanned them. She smiled. "All three of you got A's," she sounded impressed.

"Of course. I was the one who made them study," Bash said cockily.

"A decision I seriously regret," Blake muttered. "You kept insulting me every time I got one wrong."

"Well, I doubt you can regret it now because today you'll be going out in the field!" Her laughed as the triplet's jaws dropped.

"Y-you mean it? We really get to go outside?" Breaker stuttered. At her nod, he squealed and threw his arms around Bash, who was grinning too much to care.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Blake was about to zip out the door before his mother poofed in his way.

"Be careful, boys. The Powerpunk are still at large out there. Don't go picking a fight with them unless absolutely necessary. We still have the element of surprise."

At the boys' serious nods, she stepped out of the way and they all rushed out. Her took out a handkerchief and dabbed at her eyes. "They grow up so fast," she sniffed.

♤♧♤

Breaker was literally floating on the air as he emerged from his Mama's portals for the first time.

"Home sweet home," Blake muttered, taking in the dreary surroundings of Viletown.

Breaker frowned at his negativity — think positive! Look at the sun, barely shining through the cloud blanket! The open air which was only slightly tinged with pollution! The beautiful (scary) city skyline! "Let's go to the park!" Breaker grinned while Bash shrugged, not caring.

They spent the entire day there – Bash spending most of his time reading his book under a tree while Blake and Breaker were shooting around and playing sports.

It was easily one of the best days Breaker has had for a while.

In fact, they were having so much fun doing their own thing that they didn't notice the dying sun until Bash tapped him on the shoulder, effectively making his sandcastle crumble.