CHAPTER-4

MAYRA'S POV 

I'm not getting a good feeling. I need to stop one of them, either Arhaan or Reha, otherwise they are gonna start a fist fight. They both have the same level of rage and temper. As Arhaan started leaving, Rehan was about to start the fight, but I held his hand, dragged him from there, and brought him into the garden.

He jerked his hand away from me and looked at me with full rage, and said,

"WHY. THE. HELL. YOU. STOPPED. ME. MAYRA."

"You are just making everything worse Rehan, don't let your anger take over you and make any kind of wrong decision which can destroy the lives of three people," I replied, trying to calm him down

"THREE. LIFE'S. MAYRA. THREE. ONLY. MY LITTLE ONE IS THE ONE WHO IS SUFFERING NO ONE ELSE"

I placed a hand on Rehan's shoulder, trying to offer some comfort and support. 

"I understand, Rehan. But think about it, Twinkle isn't the only one affected by this. Arhaan and you are also being consumed by this feud. We need to find a way to resolve this without causing more harm"

"What about me, Rehan? Am I exempt from suffering? You were the one who saved me that day. Without you, who knows what would have become of me?"

I whispered, he is right. Twinkle suffered, not just a little, but a lot—perhaps even more than me. But what about me? Am I not a human being? Am I not allowed to show emotions? Or is Twinkle the only one who matters? Indeed, she suffered because of me, because of Vishal, and, more than anything, she suffered and may continue to suffer because of Arhaan and me.

But that doesn't mean that the incident doesn't haunt me. Still, that incident haunts me every night. I wake up, thinking for one instance, if Rehan hadn't come to save me, then I would have lost everything. 

"I said three, which includes you, Mayra, and I am very well aware of what you have been through because I witnessed your condition. But what about your friend and my sister? Didn't she suffer? I am not saying you didn't suffer," Rehan clarified.

Once again, he misunderstood me. This is where we both falter, failing to understand each other. How could he think I don't care for her?

For me, Twinkle has always been my top priority. I know she never cried, but she never truly laughed either. She only pretends to be happy, but deep down, she's not. Only we five friends are aware of what's truly going on with her. She did everything for me, even knowing the outcome could favor me but would ultimately destroy her.

She's always placed everyone else as her top priority but often forgets about herself. For her, everyone else comes first, but she neglects her own well-being.

As the daughter of an Underworld Mafia King, she's developed this habit to prioritize others' needs above her own.

"I know you care for her, and only you and I are aware of what happened that day."

"That's why I'm saying I need to have a fistfight with him. Let me go, Mayra," he pleaded earnestly.

The date today should be noted. The great Rehan Malhotra is pleading.

A man like him, with no emotions, is pleading. What changed? Does a cold, rude, cunning billionaire become soft and kind in front of "more sister, less friend" Twinkle?

"What are you both, 15 or 21? Teenage boys or college thugs? Back then, you, Adhirikshit, Viren, and Arhaan used to handle the fist fights, while Vishal took care of the administration and Chirag tended to your bruises. Come on, you're both grown up now. You're 28 years old and you own a corporate company, and he owns an architecture company."

Rehan's POV

OUCH!!!

True, she's becoming savage, just like Twinkle. Direct answers without any fear," I thought to myself, admiring Mayra's newfound boldness

"No, we're 28-year-old grown-ups, but he needs to pay for it," I replied determinedly.

"Rehan, you're making the same mistake Arhaan made and destroyed his beautiful relationship. Don't, huh?" Mayra cautioned.

"I'm not doing anything, but Arhaan needs to realize his mistake and what he did to her. I'm going to ensure he suffers the same pain my little one has endured, and mind it, Mayra, you're not going to stop me. Got it?" Rehan retorted firmly.

"And yeah, keep your stuff ready. We'll be leaving for Labrador in two days, and you know I don't like people who don't value time," Rehan instructed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just for two days, stay away from Arhaan. As if you're going to hurt him, indirectly you'll be hurting your little one even." Mayra's sarcasm was palpable, but Rehan decided to let it slide

I simply nodded and entered the house, greeted by the chaos stirred up by Twinkle and Vishal.

"I am telling you, Serawat, stop making fun of me, otherwise—"

"Otherwise, what, Miss Singh Taneja?"

"I will sue, and I will fight my case against you. You'll have to win the case against yourself and I won't pay you even a single penny. Huh!"

Everyone was just looking at them and enjoying the view, as if they were watching some kind of daily soap opera. For me and Viren, this was common; their fights were mostly baseless, useless, and senseless. Only about 0.002% of the time did their fights have any sense. 

Being distant cousins, they fought a lot. Imagine what would happen if they were direct cousins; by now, they would have probably killed each other. God, how their parents use to handle them

"It is not done, Miss Taneja. Someone is waiting for you, you need to get ready. And yeah, wear traditional attire; you both are meeting at the Gurudwara. Okay, now go and change and look beautiful," Ayaan said. Maybe she realized she was indeed late but was busy with this useless fight

"I am also joining you all, okay no issues right?" Mayra jumped in, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

"Yupp, baby, join me otherwise I'll be bored with Ayaan," Twinkle shouted from her room.

"Ok, so Traditional, right?" Mayra confirmed 

She asked Ayaan with a smile on her face. Damn, this smile is making me go crazy. Why, Rehan, why? You're going crazy for her. She's out of your league, and remember, if you're going to break her heart, then your little one will suffer more than anyone on this planet

But if she's going right now, I'll even join them. I can't leave her alone there."

He took a few steps forward, bending down to her level, and said, 

"You and Twinkle are gonna look like monkeys in traditional attire, but you both need to."

"DO. YOU. HAVE. A. DEATH. WISH. AYAAN. BABY."

And here we go again, first Vishal and Twinkle, now these two, Mayra and Ayaan.

God, is this a house or a zoo? After a complete 20 minutes, we came out with the conclusion that we all will be going to the Gurudwara

END OF DISCUSSION

TO BE CONTINUED

STAY TUNED WITH NEXT PART OF "PLAYER'S OF DESTINY"

DO LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE AND FOLLOW

FOR ANY SPOILER DO FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT author__twinkle__