Six Geese A Laying (Juyeon POV)

"Thank you," I told the lady doing my interview, before grabbing my stuff from behind the camera and heading out.

I was walking to the car when my manager sent me a message.

"Just a heads up, you're flying out to Canada soon."

"Why?"

"For the movie shoot"

"The birds aren't here at all?"

"No, according to the director"

"Ok then, I'll start packing when I get home then."

"I'm right outside to take you home."

I walked out the doors to see the car waiting and got in, headed home to now pack for a trip, when a thought hit my mind.

"Do you think Kevin will be able to come?"

"I can ask, but I'm not making any promises."

"Ok"

***

I got home that afternoon and started rummaging through my closet for clothes to pack, when a knock came to my door. It was none other than Kevin.

"Hey, I heard you were going to Canada."

"I am, why?"

"Because our manager just told me that I could come with you guys"

"That's great!"

I was actually hoping for our boss to say yes, knowing how long it's been since Kevin has been home.

"I'm planning on surprising my parents, only my sister knows."

"So, she'll be picking you up?"

"Yeah "

"Let our manager know so he doesn't think your sister is someone trying to take you or something."

"I should probably do that."

He left the doorway and went to go talk to our manager, while I finished packing my stuff.

***

The days in the city quickly flew by, and the next thing I knew I was on my way to the airport with Kevin. I had an earbud in my ear, while Kevin planned with his sister over the phone, and our manager drove through bumper-to-bumper traffic. The airport was somehow even worse. It felt like hours upon hours driving around the parking lot, with no spot in sight. Kevin ended the call with his sister, just as our manager found a spot.

"Let's go" he said, and we all got out and grabbed our bags.

"It's been so long since we've flown, I've kind of forgot my way around" Kevin said shyly and I just playfully shook my head at my dongsaeng.

"Don't worry, I know" our manager responded.

He led us through the airport parking lot, and we came upon the entrance to departures. We walked down and saw a woman standing out in front of one, as if she was waiting for someone.

"Melanie!" Kevin called out to her, and that's when it hit me.

It was Melanie Smith, our partner for the movie shoots. When Kevin was a far enough distance, he ended up speedwalking to her, then having a conversation I couldn't quite hear from where I was. As I got closer, Melanie started looking at the parking deck across the street.

"Hi Melanie," I said and she waved hello.

"Are we missing someone?" I asked.

"My manager. He shouldn't be too far now..." She trailed off as she searched.