Chapter Three

I quietly walked behind Liam and his posse, I had no idea where we were headed nor did I have the courage to ask, so I stuck to keeping my mouth shut.
     After about ten minutes of walking, We arrived at an empty field outside, "Well in all honesty I've never met a wolf that didn't get a hang of how to control herself within a month, I get they've been trying to hide you but it's like training a cub with you " he spat out.
     His words hurt me but I bit my tongue and withstood it. "Catherine here will be in charge of teaching you how to shift properly while Greg will assist you with hand to hand combat. " he informed.
      I nodded my head as a way to let him know that I understood his point.
     He then turned to make his way back to a chair I didn't take note of earlier.
    A part of me hoped that he'd trip and fall.
    "Well I'm hoping you aren't as dim witted as you look, Shifting is all about creating a link between your heart and mind. It's you trying to call out your wolf in the most loving manner possible" she lectured
        It's been four hours of watching Catherine shift so smoothly to her wolf self and back.
       It was like she was trying to rub it in my face that I couldn't do something they find basic.
  I on the other hand had failed to get a hang of it since. The saying no harm in trying forgot to include the part that trying is beyond hard.
        I closed my eyes about to give it another try before Catherine's voice rang out;
        "Liam, I give up, I fucking give up. I've never met someone as clueless as this brat,she knows nothing and can do nothing obviously "
         Those words were like daggers to my chest, they broke me and I could feel the sting of tears welling up in my eyes.
         "You aren't allowed to leave here till you get it right" Liam replied. "Wait, can I at least get something to eat" I asked
          "Haven't had anything since my lunch yesterday, " I explained.
          "Shifting is much easier with a lighter weight "he replied.
        "Wait  what? I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of prisoner you look up to with nothing to eat."
       "In here,you belong to me,you are my prisoner. So  you had better do as I say or else I'll show you an alternative method " he yelled with a deadly glare,his voice leaving no room for objections.
         Just like that, I was alone underneath the vast evening sky. It was a beautiful and quiet environment, so quiet the only noises I could hear was the rumbling noise of my empty stomach.
        " Great, just great"  I screamed out loud to myself
           I lay on my back as my mind drifted to Catherine's wolf self, she had deep brown fur, with golden yellow eyes, she was so beautiful. It made me jealous.
           I was jealous of her lovely color, the fact that she could shift so easily , her confidence and prowess, those all made me feel intimidated.
       I wondered if others found my wolf attractive and if they also envied it.
           It's been roughly two hours and still no one has come to check on me.
          As of now I am beyond dehydrated and starved. It felt like I had a few minutes left to dud
         "Melissa? " his voice rang out, infiltrating the quietness and my thoughts.
         "I'm here" I replied my voice rather weak
       "What are you still doing here, dummy? " he asked. I could hear the concern in his voice but I ignored it.
        "What's that question supposed to mean " I asked angrily. I wanted to continue, I wanted to ask him if he forgot he ordered me to stay put in here, that he forgot to send food to me,that he called me a freaking prisoner but my weak knees betrayed me and I fell.
       I was ready for my impact with the ground but that didn't happen as I fell into sturdy arms, much to the dismay of Catherine. "What are you doing Greg,open the door I heard him scream.
      Those were the last words I heard before everywhere became silent and dark.
      The ray of the sun shone on my eyes, making me blink them open. My head felt lighter but I could still feel the emptiness in my stomach.  "That darned prince" I mused
         "I've been called a lot but definitely not darned " he stated
         I pulled my blanket over my body "there's a door for a reason mister" I barked
       "Just get up so you can eat " he replied
       At the thought I literally pounced up, I began stuffing my face with food.
       "Eat slower than that" he said
    "None of your business " I replied feigning ignorance. 
       "Very well then, have some water " he said, extending his wrists which engulfed a glass of water.
         I collected it and downed it in record time.
    "You eat in an unhealthy manner " he quipped
     "You feed me in an unhealthy manner " I retorted, making emphasis on the word you.
    "Get dressed fast and come down to training "
      "Which reminds me, can I at least have go back home to get a few clothes, I never really packed like I was going to become a prisoner " I asked with enough sarcasm for him to get the message.
      "No, we will get you clothes" he replied
    "But..."
   "No buts, get over with your meal and make your way to the training grounds. No one here cares about your wants, neither are we here to serve or treat you like someone princess " Catherine spat cutting me off
    I turned to Liam but he didn't say anything, he just walked out. 'What were you expecting? a hug' my mind taunted me.