001 - welcome to colarado

LILIANA

"Oh my god! Lily! This is amazing." My besrfriend, Ariana spoke up. "I can't believe you did all of this. It looks as if a senior did it." She snickers and I laugh. "Well, maybe they'll let me do more later." The corners of my lips form a sly smile.

"You know they only let juniors and seniors do it." She laughs. I nod, my mind wasn't exactly 'here.' I was looking for my dad and my sister. "Looking for anyone in particular?" Ariana's sweet voice breaks me out of my trance making me look at her.

She has a smirk on her face which makes me roll my eyes. "Yes, indeed. My dad told me he's picking up my sister at the airport earlier." I mumble as she nods reluctantly. Weird.

"They really should be here by now!" I groan in frustration when I feel a presence behind me. I look behind to find a tall figure. He looks familiar..

"Uncle Richard?" My voice filled with half happiness and shock. I look behind him to find Jackie. Her head low and her eyes puffy. "What happened?" My voice now was shaky. "There.. there has been an accident." My uncle took a deep breathe before telling me what happened next.

▪︎
|
|
|
▪︎

Next thing I know is that my dad and my sister died and now I'm in the middle of no where in Colorado. "Oh honey, look at you, all grown up." My mom's bestfriend, Katherine spoke up. It's been a while since I saw her. "Hi, where's Jackie?" I force a smile onto my face.

Before I know it her arms were firmly wrapped around my body. "Oh honey, she already went home. I'm so sorry this must be so hard for you." She speaks in a soothing voice as she slowly pulls her arms away.

I just smile. I don't know what to say. First my mom, and then my dad and my sister? It's fine. I can't cry now. Not in front of people I've never met.

"But don't worry! I'll make sure you have the best time here." She smiles at me and I give a genuine smile back.
I can see why mom loved her.

She was a happy and a beautiful soul. I wish I wasn't busy being sad so that I could actually show some gratitude but I can't find it in myself. "Well let's get you settled in.

We both walk inside the house to find the house looking like a mess and kids running everywhere. "Oh shit-" I accidently stepped on a toy car. I find another one on the staircase handle, I take the smaller one and place it next to the bigger one, when I notice a picture or katherine and my mom.

Wow, they look really happy. "Well that one running there is Benny." Katherine explains to me and I nod. Benny was quite the hyper one. "Hey you don't mind going and talking to everyone yourself do you?"

"Uh, no not at all." I smile at her and she thanks me. Before I go in she calls me again. "Wow your quite lucky honey, alex just came. He'll do the tour instead." Alex gives me a warm smile and I return the same to him.

▪︎
|
|
|
▪︎

After he introduced almost everyone to me we went outside to the garden. It was actually big. "So yeah thats basically everyone." He laughs. I nod. Suddenly, a tall figure comes out the water. The sunlight hitting him in the perfect angle. His hair was wet and was the perfect shade of dirty blonde.

He gave a small glance towards me and then sat at a resting chair beside the pool. Damn, he's hot-

Wait. That's COLE! Cole Walter as in my bestfriend. I hesitantly wave at him and his lips form a smirk which makes my insides melt.

Well this was going to be quite hard to manage. Especially since he isn't 5'6 anymore.

Their dog comes out the inflatable pool and then it starts shaking itself to get the water out. It gets the water on me and Cole.

"Shit!" I yell as one of my favorite shirts ever was drenched in water. "Oh my god, im so sorry! Let's get you changed" alex apologizes and I tell him its fine. "Cole! Come get her stuff into her room." Alex demanded Cole but he just ignored him. "I said come get her stuff in her room!"

"I heard you." His voice was low and hoarse. Something about that made me feel so weird.

"Fine then change and get em' quickly." Alex glares at him as she takes me to mine and Jackie's room. I find Jackie on the bed. I wave to her and she gives me a low smile. "Well.. Ill let you guys get settled. Cole will get your stuff soon Liliana."

"Please, call me lily." I smile at him. Jackie rolls her eyes. "Jackie, you've gotta understand them a little. I know this hard but.. they're doing so much for us."

"I know." She mumbles. I decide not to speak any further.

Soon enough, Cole came inside. "Hey Cole, remember me?" I smile at him and he laughs. "Yes, lils, I remember you." Lils.. its been a while since I've heard that name. He places the box inside the room and waves us goodbye. "Huh.." I mumble.

I expected him to talk for a while.
Guess not..