Chapter Fourteen. You Think?

Lake Larson

Lake Larson

"Lake!" Ian yelled. "Lake!" I slowly opened my eyes.

He stood at the edge of the bed with an annoying expression of excitement. Once he noticed my eyes opening, he stepped onto the bed near my feet. My body shook as he jumped like a child, trying to wake me. His deep laugh filled the room as I sat up, feeling the soreness in my body. Ian smirked and sat on the sheets next to me.

"Good morning," he sang with too much energy.

"Morning," I croaked out.

"Morning voice." He flipped his hair back away from his face. "Kinda sexy." Ian crawled over me, standing on the floor. "Kinda not."

"Ian." I closed my eyes. "I can't with you this morning." I fell back, laying my head on the pillow.

"You see, Lake," he said, prompting me to open my eyes and watch him. "You don't have a choice. Time to wake up."

I moaned in annoyance, grabbing my blanket to cover my head in my haven. The warmth and darkness told me to fall back to sleep, but the ghost haunting my life would make that impossible. My eyes had a rough time staying open, and I didn't know the time, but something told me it was early.

"You have a lot," Ian said from outside the covers. "And I mean a lot of missed calls from a Brandon."

The name caused panic as I jumped from the bed, tripping on my blanket. I fell on my palms quickly, but stood and raced to Ian, glaring at him.

"Don't touch my phone," I said as he gripped my cell. "You are getting good at holding things, but not my phone." I snatched it from his fingers. "That's my personal space."

"Who is Brandon?" he asked.

"A nobody," I replied and walked away into the bathroom.

I shut the door behind me, hoping Ian wouldn't follow, needing some space. I was not used to the company always being there.

I looked down at my screen to see four missed calls from Brandon and a call from Alex. I ignored Brandon like I always did and dialed up Alex.

"Hey, I'm surprised you are up already," she said in a high-energy tone.

I pulled my phone from my ear, checking the time to see it was before eight in the morning. Huffing out, I closed my eyes. What the heck, Ian?

"Ian woke me up." Frick, did I say that to Alex?

"Who's Ian?" she responded with an attitude. "Is he your distraction from Hudson?"

I laughed, hearing my giggle mimic around the bathroom. "You could say that."

"Am I going to meet Ian tonight?" she asked.

"No, he doesn't like to be—" I looked at myself in the mirror. "Seen."