𝔬𝔫𝔢; 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔤𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔰 𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔩𝔢

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓.ೃ࿔✹༻'⋰꧂•°

ೃ࿔✹༻'⋰꧂•°▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

.ೃ࿔✹༻'⋰꧂•°▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑    the last time she'd been in Rifthold as if it was yesterday. She'd been seven, her older brother eighteen, and they'd come to discuss a betrothal between Valencia and their Prince. It was an effort to calm the storm approaching and her father was more than willing to assist his life long friend and mentor━━ King Orlon.

Her mother had been furious and her brother would hover and glare at her father at any chance he'd get. It was a tense time.

She, of course, could not understand what a betrothal would mean for her. Valencia might have even confused the word with befriend at her seven years of age.

The whole ordeal had gone well enough, though with nothing set in stone, and her and the Prince had become quick friends. They'd departed with promises to write to eachother and that, as her future betrothed, Dorian would gift her with a puppy from one of the dogs they'd visited when they'd next see eachother.

But letters never came or went.

Valencia and the Prince never saw eachother again and less than two years later his father's men killed half her family.

As the years passed the capital had only gotten more rotten.

"Worst comes to worst, we get you out." Her eyes move from the city outside her window to the male sitting before her. He was one of her guards, one she knew since a toddler, and had become a constant in her sad life.

With his tan skin and kind deposition Blythe stood out greatly, but that was what made him a safe place for Valencia. He'd been a healer, before everything. Had been the healer that had helped bring her into the world. Her brothers.

Reaching across the seat she took his hand a smiled thankfully. "I don't know what I'd do without you, this place makes my skin crawl." Valencia mumbled, gaze moving outside once more. They'd reach the castle gates soon.

Blythe grinned. "Well, someone has to take care of you━━ according to the little lord, that is." He teased as Valencia drew back and a rare chuckle echoed from her.

Little Lord, meaning her baby brother, who the world thought dead. As if he'd sensed the imminent danger Valencia was always in, Valerian had attached himself to her hip since the moment he could walk and declared himself her sworn shield.