TWO. boyfriend problems

ii

ii. boyfriend problems

  there's a boy named: park sunghoon, in one word 'HE'S A TOTAL ASSHOLE.' said by eunjin.

   eunjin spent the past two weeks anxiously waiting for a reply. with midterms looming, their plans to meet up had to be shelved, adding to the strain.

  "chill out. maybe he's on a digital detox or something" haerin reassured her. "he calls you every chances he got, right?"

  "it's been two weeks! and yesterday we barely exchanged a few words.
is he not trying to talk to me at least? i'm getting really worried." she hugs her knees, eyes fixed on the screen yearning for a notification.

  "thank god i'm single. i won't be dealing with these boyfriend problems." haerin snorts. "seriously, relationships should come with an 'Anxiety 101' manual."

  "yeah, right now I feel like I'm the president of the overthinking club," eunjin sighed dramatically, still waiting for that elusive message.

  haerin, eager to divert eunjin's thoughts, pulled out her 3,000-piece puzzle, hoping to steer her friend away from worrying too much.

  "what if... what if he's..." eunjin started.

  "stop it, eunjin. we're so close to finishing this," haerin interrupted, determined to keep eunjin's mind off the topic.

    "what if he's texting with someone else right now? but doesn't even bother replying to me?"

  "then he's a jerk, not worth your time. dump him ASAP," haerin advised firmly.

eunjin protested, pouting. "no! i can't. i love him."

  then there was a 'ping' sound from eunjin's phone that made her jolt up and instantly seize the phone to check.

  "he replied!" she screeched.

  "oh my god," haerin sighs as eunjin jumps up and down from the bed whilst reading the most-awaited reply.

a/n:

i'm trying to ease my way out the writer's block so here are short chapters. they're pretty self-indulgent, i don't think i can handle writing any long-length chapters for now 😩 xx