| 2 | Sunlight ☀︎︎

__________________________________

Today is my day off, and we got paid yesterday so Lottie wants to go to the mall and get lunch. she's the type to blow all her paycheck on payday rather than saving it. I don't mind window shopping so I agreed to go with her. I don't have a car yet so Lottie drives whenever we go anywhere. She's picking me up at 11 and it's 10 so after I eat breakfast I go get ready.

Today it's about 70 degrees outside with a breeze so I'm wearing light wash jeans with a cute short sleeved ribbed white shirt with delicate blush pink flower pattern. I have a light, white cardigan tied around my waist incase It gets chilly. My hair is down in loose beach waves.

I wait for Lottie to pick me up, after she does we drive to the mall, it's Cambridgeside so it's a big indoor shopping mall with a food court and restaurants and just everything. we get there and decide to grab a snack before walking around "What do you want?" Lottie asks as we stand and look at all the food options "Ummm, I'm super feeling a soft pretzel right now" she smiles and says "Right, soft pretzels it is" We walk over and order, after waiting a minute we stand over out of the way of people and eat our pretzels. while I'm eating it I can't help but feel.. off, like someone's staring daggers at me. I take another bite, chew and swallow then I look around to see if someone is staring at me. "Hey, are you okay?" Lottie steals my attention "oh, yeah sorry." She looks a bit confused "Girl, what's wrong?" she asks "i uh- I just thought someone was staring at me. I had a weird feeling" I say before taking the last bite of my pretzel and tossing the trash in a nearby trash can.

"That's weird, did you see anyone?" she asks as she does the same "No, um can we walk around now? I feel weird just standing here" I say and she nods "Of course, I want to stop by Sephora so let's go there first" I nod and we start walking.

After visiting a few stores and her spending god knows how much money on makeup and clothes I wanted to go to Pandora and look at the jewelry. she agreed and we went. there's a necklace that I've wanted from there for a few years and I've just never been able to afford it and I've never dated anyone to could either. it's just a dream but I like going and looking at it

"This again Marci? why don't you save up and get it?" She says as I stare at the beautiful Nova diamond pendant necklace. it has a 14k gold chain with a star-looking 1-carat diamond in the middle. "Because Lottie, it's 2,000 dollars. I can't justify that" She sighs and pats my shoulder "Maybe someday you'll find a sugar daddy to buy it for you" she says teasingly and I swat her hand away and we laugh I shake my head at her teasing and we walk out.

We're walking to Bath and Body Works when Lottie and I are talking and I'm not watching where I'm walking and I accidentally bump into a tall man "Oh! oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" I say as I awkwardly smile, He's tall, really tall. like 6'6 or something, he has dark brown hair with beautiful green eyes, they're like emeralds. he has such sharp features, his jawline is so sharp it could cut me if I touched it, his lips are full and round and they look soft.. his nose isn't too pointy or too big, it's just perfect, he has tan olive skin and his black short sleeve shirt exposes his beautifully tattooed arms and perfectly sculpted muscles. and.. his hands and forearms.. oh my lord.. they're veiny, like the perfect amount of veiny. He's so freaking hot I could just melt onto the floor right here. he has such a dark demeanor that I feel like he'd enjoy watching me melt.

"It's fine," He says and he doesn't make eye contact, his voice is deep and smooth "O-Okay, i um, thanks" Thanks? what the heck Marceline? why are you so awkward I think to myself. he doesn't respond and he brushes past me, my heart is beating so fast it could jump out of my chest, the lump in my throat will choke me any second and the butterflies in my stomach are having a full-on rager. "Well he was a dick" Lottie's words snap me out of my weird trance "And hot" I admit and she smirks "Very hot" we chuckle and keep walking.

After we get done at the mall Lottie takes me home, After getting home and showering and studying a bit more than watering plants and all the things I normally do I decide that I should start saving up for the necklace I want, so I got a mason jar and put it on my counter and wrote the amount I'm trying to reach and I dropped a 10 dollar bill in there and went and got ready for bed.

While falling asleep I couldn't forget about the man I ran into, I had a weird feeling I was going to be seeing him again.