| 32 | Sunlight ☀︎︎

__________________________________

But... as I stand over him, seeing him unconscious and barely hanging onto life, I can't help but feel something for him. I hate myself for it, but I can't stop it. Tears swell in my eyes and roll down my puffy cheeks.

Please don't go.. Please don't leave me...

5 HOURS EARLIER:

Adonis has been gone for over 2 hours, way longer than he said he'd be gone, and Adonis may be a lot of things, but he's always very punctual. He's never late, so this worried Flynn and Theo.

"Thats it. I'm going to get him; he should have been back by now." Flynn says as he stands from the bar stool, grabs the keys off the island, and walks out. Before he's out of range, he calls out, "Theo! Come with me!" Theo doesn't answer but looks at me, almost asking for permission to leave me alone again.

"I'll be fine; go get him." I answer his silent question, and he nods, getting up quickly and following Flynn out the door.

I spend my free time doing my laundry and catching up on some schoolwork, which I know I'll have to get back to soon.

After about 45 minutes, the front door bursts open, and I can hear Flynn and Theo shouting for Layla and some of the guys who are living here.
I rush down the stairs to find a barely conscious Adonis being held up by Theo and Flynn on either side of him. His eyes flutter open and closed, and his eyes begin rolling back in his head. Blood is pooling out of his side, and there are cuts and bruises all over him. I don't know what happened, but it was bad.

Layla quickly enters the room; she sees Adonis and is panicked. She leads them to her operating room. I follow closely, making sure to help hold Adonis up.

"What happened!?" I ask as we get to the room, and they set him on the operation table.

"I don't know; we showed up and found him like this," Flynn answers me in a rushed voice. He's panicking—I mean, actually panicking. He's hyperventilating and muttering to himself.

"Flynn" Theo grabs Flynn by his shoulders and holds him. "You need to calm down; you can't help him if you're freaking out." Theo tries to help Flynn calm down. He lets go and turns to me. "kurt's dead,"

"What?" My surprise escapes my lips in a breath.

"Adonis killed him; he did it."

Relief washes over me; I didn't have a hand in any of this, nor was I a part of this life at all. But knowing that Adonis created the peace he and so many others needed brings me so much joy. He deserves to have freedom from the thing that has held him back for so long.

"I need everyone out; I can't work if everyone is in here," Layla says as she rushes around the room, grabbing tools, hooking him up to monitors, and checking his vitals.