| 24 | Moonlight ☾

__________________________________

I wake up with Marceline wrapped in my arms, she's fast asleep and just seeing her here, with me, in my arms brings a smile to my face, something that never happened naturally until I found her.

I am addicted to her, she's my drug, my lifeline, my reason for existing. In all the darkness and pain that lives in me, she relieves it all, it all dissolves when I'm with her. Whether she's being snarky and telling me to go away or she's kissing my forehead and telling me it's okay to hurt. I had pushed down every emotion that caused me to trip, to stumble, to appear weak. But now, for her all I am is weak.

I brush the strands of hair out of her face as she sleeps, I gently kiss her forehead before slipping out of the bed carefully to not wake her. As much as I want to stay here with her I have to clean up the mess that I made last night.

I walk into the living room to see Flynn and Theo. Flynn is pacing back and forth and Theo is sitting on the couch. "Flynn, please calm down," Theo says and he spots me and sighs. "He still shaken up?" I ask and Theo nods.
"Flynn," I call out as I stand there, he's pacing back and forth, muttering under his breath.
"Flynn!" I slightly raise my voice as I call out again. He stops abruptly and turns to face me.
His eyes are bloodshot and deep purple bags shadow his eyes, I sigh and walk to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Listen to me, we will find her, but you have to calm down," I state and he stares at me for a moment. Finally, he nods slowly. "I understand," he says softly. I pat his shoulder before letting go.

"Theo, are the girls from last night safe?" I turn to him and ask. He nods as he stands up, "Yes, but I'm having a bit of trouble with one of the girls though, she's not cooperating," he says and I furrow my brows, "what do you mean?" I ask. He sighs, "She's uh.. She's refusing to eat or drink anything and she keeps calling me suka," I sigh, Russians.. I mutter under my breath and then bring my hand up, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Okay, sedate her if you need to so Layla can get her an IV, she won't be able to leave if she's starving herself," I tell him and he nods, then walks away. "Now, as for Charlotte. I need you to track down where she went after the party, someone had to have seen something, check street cams, and find witnesses. I have a meeting with Logan, hopefully, I can charm my way to convincing him I'm not a threat." I speak to Flynn as he stares at me with a blank expression.

He's been all over the place recently, he's either angry, sad, frustrated, or just numb. I don't like the sides of him I've been seeing since Charlotte was taken. "Okay," he responds. I sigh and walk back to my room, I walk in and see Marcy still asleep in my bed, a small smile pulls at my lips and I walk through to my closet quietly. I change into a charcoal black button-up shirt, with the sleeves rolled to my elbows, black dress pants, a black belt, and of course, black boots. I leave my closet and go into the bathroom, I run some lightweight styling gel through my hair so it's out of my face. A strand gets loose and falls by my temple, I don't bother messing with it. When I leave the bathroom I see Marcy sitting up in bed.