No More Nightmares

Gajeel woke up when the sun was hitting his face. He groaned and fell over sleepily. He landed in a pile of broke glass and cursed under his breath as he stood up. He pulled the glass out of his arm and stumbled out of the ally as a small woman walked passed. He ran into her and she almost fell over. Gajeel froze looking at her. This wasn't how he wanted to see her again, not with him stumbling out of the ally beside their house, cussing his head off because he had fell into glass.

He looked her over, she was still as tall as when he left. Her hair as blue as the sky, and her eyes as mesmerizing as he remembered. The only thing that was really different is that she wasn't sick, and that she was pregnant.

"Levy..." he quietly.

"G-Gajeel?" Levy whispered. She shook her head backing up, "No, no. This is another dream. I need to wake up." went to the front door and turned the knob. It was locked. She turned back at him. "Y-you're not real!" tears filled her eyes and she . She fell to her knees putting her hands on her small stomach. "Stop kicking, please." she whispered looking down.

Gajeel knelt beside her, "I don't know what kind of crazy dreams you've been having, but I'm real." he said putting his hand under her chin making her look at him. "I'm as real as the broken glass still in the doorway here, because you didn't clean it up last night." he smirked, "Sorry for scaring you like that last night."

She looked up, "I thought those clothes smelled like you..." she looked into his eyes.

Gajeel stood up and offered Levy his hand. She took it then threw her arms around him hugging him tightly. "Gihi," he smiled and wrapped his strong arms around her. He took in her smell and looked down at her as she looked up, "I've missed you." he whispered.

"I-I've missed you so much. I never thought I'd see you again." she looked down moving her hands back to her stomach, "She's so much right now." More tears fell from her eyes.

"Why's that?" he asked. He watched her closely. "And you don't seem like you've missed me. I was debating on seeing you. You seemed happy, and well you are having a kid..."

Levy looked up at him angrily, "Are you that much of an idiot?!" she asked. "I'm about seven months along in this pregnancy, it's yours. And... they told me you died." she looked into his eyes.

Gajeel chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, "I could see why they thought that. I thought I was dead for a while. I'd never felt pain like that and I've never lost so much blood. The dragon saved me." he thought for a moment then registered the other half of what she said. "This is mine?" he asked putting his hand on her belly. He felt a kick and jumped away. He poked her stomach.

Levy laughed, "Yes." she took his hands and looked into his eyes, "I was scared I'd have to raise her alone." she got on her toes to kiss him. He smiled and leaned down kissing her. "I'm glad you're home." she said when they pulled apart.

"So am I." he kissed her cheek. "So where are you headed in such a hurry?"

Levy glared at him, "You ran into me!" she yelled. "And I was going to the guildhall."

"I'll come with you."

"You will?" she asked walking toward the door. She opened it and Gajeel smiled with a nod.

"Yes. I will watch over you like I always have and I will keep your nightmares from coming back, because I'm here and I'm real."

Levy smiled at him and nodded as she handed him the key to lock the front door. The couple began to make their way to the guildhall.