Prologue

Ruizel Veon was a man with many secrets. Money, fame, status, he has it all. But he wasn't happy to have them. He was grateful, but wasn't happy at all.
He grew up in a prestigious family, the third son of the Veon Family. He was successful in everything he does. Even up till now, his business he currently runs is slowly, but surely, becoming successful by the day.

It had been years since the day he hadn't seen the little girl he treats like his own sister. He wondered how long has passed and how she's been doing lately.

"Secretary Lin, could you check if this little girl's address is still the same from before?"

Lin replied; "Of course, sir. I shall see and report back to you."

Thursday at 3:30 p.m

"The place.. it hasn't changed a bit." — Veon said, as he felt the nostalgia after a few years passed.

There was a group of teenagers talking to each other. He heard a familiar voice. Veon looked in the direction where he heard the voice. He saw the Little girl from before, although he couldn't get a full glance of her appearance. So he walked closer to her.

"Mealy, guys, I'll get going then. It seems you guys–"

"Kean!" — A guy yelled her name.

Kean slowly looked in his direction. He was too fast that he reached and touch her face. He looked at her face seriously to confirm if it was her. Kean was in complete confusion. Unfortunately.. she couldn't recognize him..

"Who are you..? Don't you realize what you're doing is sexual harassment..?" — she said with a frown on her face.

"Oh dear, that was not good for me to act."

Kean stared at Veon for a few seconds. She thought he looked familiar, someone she hadn't seen for a while. But she didn't want to stay too long outside, so she decides to leave him be.

"If you have nothing else to say, then I'll take my leave, sir."

"Wait just a minute!"

Veon grabbed her hand to stop her and stay for a while. He let go of his hand as soon as he remembered his reckless actions.

"Ah.. that.. again.. I'm really sorry, but.. don't you recognize me even a little..?"

He asked anxiously. His expression was showing how hopeful he was that she could remember him. A pitiful look on his face suddenly appeared when she insists that she really couldn't recognize him.

"Is that so..?"

"Sir, you really shouldn't force her to remember you, you might've just mistook her for someone else," — Said one of her male classmate.

"You are..?"

"A classmate of hers. Sean."

"Ah.. hahaha, my deepest apologies. It's just really been a long time since I had visited Kean. That little girl was hospitalized the same with me when we were young.."

Kean flinched when she heard of his story. Same name as her. When they were young, both of them ended up in the hospital.

"I guess I mistook you for someone else. I'm really sorry about that."

When Kean looked up straight to see his face, she saw his smile. The blurred memory she couldn't remember, the face that she was trying to force to see and recognize.

Finally, she finally vividly remembered him. She was sure of that smile. Kean would never forget it at all. The eyes that show gentleness and care for her, and smile as brightest as the sun. The "older brother" she treated as one and admired for life.

She spoke in a whisper; "Is it?."

Veon flinched when he saw her crying in tears. Everyone else was also surprised.

"W.. Why have you suddenly cried..?! Did I do something..?!" — he panicked while he asks her.

"Is it really you..?"

"Me..?"

"You said.. you were hospitalized with a little girl named Kean when both of you were young.. was she laying down on the bed place in the center of the room..?" — Kean asked.

He replied, shocked at her question; "Yes, she was. How did you know of that..?"

Kean was shock, her legs couldn't take it and gave out, when she was about to fall down. Veon caught her. She hugged him tightly while trembling.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry, brother..! I thought you were dead.. I missed you all these years..!"

Veon felt like an electric shocked his body as he sees her cry, her body trembling as she hugs him.

"I'm sorry for taking so long to visit.. I miss my adorable little Kean, too."

"I'm no longer a child..!" — she said while crying, Veon chuckles softly. He hugged her and stroke her hair gently. With eyes showing care for her.

A few minutes later,

"I apologize!"

Sean apologized non stop for recognizing him as a bad person. Veon kept telling, insisting that it was alright, but Sean kept insisting that he must apologize for his mistakes.

"Brother Rui! Do you want to eat?"

"Ah.. I'm alright."

"Oh.." — Kean's disappointment showed. She mumbles to herself with negative words. Her thoughts seem to be revealed when he is around.

"Just like before.. You haven't changed after all." — He said as he patted her head gently.

Kean pouts. It was also just like she did before. Veon still thinks it was adorable of her.

"Cute.."

"Eh? What was that, brother?" — Kean ask, even though she heard it very well.

"Hm? Oh, you must have heard it wrong. I'm actually getting hungry now."

Unable to bear the sight of his shy face, she turned away, her ears burning with embarrassment. Despite feeling embarrassed, Kean managed to regain her composure within a few seconds, replacing her flushed face with a cheery smile.

"Then! Let's go to my house, since you're currently visiting here. Mom and Dad will surely welcome you!"

Kean leads Veon with a radiant smile on her face. He, too, followed her happily. He couldn't help but chuckles from witnessing the sight of her bright smile again.

The two childhood friends that treat each other like siblings have seen one another after a long time. Their habit of concealing their feelings from each other sparks curiosity about the life they will choose to lead. As they face adversity side by side, they will also discover their individual strengths in resolving challenges.
Joining forces they will confront the various trials of life, including love, misunderstandings, rebels, crimes, friendship, family, pleasure, infidelity, and countless others.
Will they possess the ability to tackle both their own dilemmas and the issues faced by others? Will they realise their mutual feelings for each other? Not as brothers and sisters, but as lovers..