Chapter 5: Betrayal and Love

The Allister family was bustling with lively voices echoing through the thin walls of the house.

Rui rang the doorbell, but hearing the laugh of people, he felt nervous about entering. Having second thoughts of leaving, when he heard Kean's voice, he froze and couldn't leave anymore.

"Huh..? Rui? It's been a week! How have you been?" — Kean said as she ran to greet him outside with a hug. Her eyes gleamed with joy, sparkling brightly as her excitement grew to see him again after a week.

He couldn't answer her due to being startled, having to see her hug him out of the blue. He was not used to such kinship, although he does do it himself.

"Let's head inside, then! It'll be uncomfortable for you here a bit, though. Since there is a lot of guest inside."

"No worries, I'm sure I'll be fine." — He said nervously.

Another guest surprised her family and the guests as Kean and Rui entered the house.

"Oh, sweetheart. Why didn't you inform us that Rui would be invited today?" — Her father asks.

Her spoiled and arrogant female cousin name Kristina peeked at the appearance of Rui, starting from head to toe.

"He has quite a build and a charming face. His definitely my type. How can such a plain woman able to catch hold of him so easily..?" — She thought to herself as she glared at Kean.

"Nice to meet you. I am Kristina. And you?" — she said with a smile, confident he would answer her.

Unfortunately, he did not. His eyes were only set in Kean's's direction. He stared at her with those caring eyes again. But he looked quite down.

Kristina felt annoyed by his behavior. She wonders why such a man failed to be seduced by her appearance.

Kean sighed, already had a hint of what she was thinking as Kristina stared at Rui from top to bottom. Obviously checking his appearance, aware of such an attitude, Kean made a move to prevent any further introduction towards Kristina.

"His my guest. And you people here are my parents' guests. That's all for the introduction. Mother and Father, don't give such information about him to such a spoiled woman out there. They're my biggest enemies." — She said as she glared at Kristina, hinting that she shouldn't dare continue her plan.

Rui's hands were being held as he was dragged by Kean, holding his hand as they headed to the second floor.

"Oh, dear.. it seems our Kean is somewhat mad for some reason. I wonder what it could be.." — Kean's mother wonder.

Kean's room

"This.. Why're we here in this room..?" — Rui asked nervously while sitting on the floor.

Kean's mind was in chaos but her expression and behavior did not show a single hint of her panic. While Rui shows how obviously panicked he was.

"Well... My parents guests are very annoying, especially Kristina."

"Is there something wrong with her..?" — Rui ask

Hesitant to reply, she sighed instead.

"She's the reason why the people I trust left me and betrayed me... Even my ex himself chose her.."

He looked and stared at her. Rui saw a small tear dripping out in her eyes. Unable to stop her tears from crying, she turned around, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm sorry..! I'm suddenly becoming emotional.." — she said in a panic.

Kean tried to stop her tears from flowing down her cheeks. But the more she tries to stop her tears, the more she loses control over.

Rui was concerned. He stood up and confronted her.