3

Chapter 12

LISA

Monday morning in the kitchen at Jennie's house. Yes, I have been sleeping at her home for two days now. There is no better feeling than sleeping and waking up next to that woman everyday. "Lisa stop. We have to eat and leave. We are already late," Jennie said panting from the endless kiss I gave her.

"Come on. I can't have enough of you." and that's the truth.

"We will continue later. We will not lose each other" I look at her seriously.

"Don't even say that even for fun," I told her with a serious looked. She looks at me and sighs.

"Love look at me. And if I could I would like to be together 24 hours a day but we have to go to work too. I'm sure you can stand a few hours away from me." she says and gets up to put the dishes in the sink. I go behind her and hug her.

"I don't think so, when I am away from you, I have only you in my mind" she leaves the plates and turns to see me. She puts her hands around my neck.

"And while I'm at school or here at home without you, not a minute goes by without thinking about you. But we also have to work. And think about it this way. If we are together all the time we will get bored. When we are not together there is this anticipation that we will see each other again" she says and kissed me. She has me there.

"Ok, if every time you meet me you kiss me and hug me like that I think I will survive" she smiles at me and gives me another kiss.

"Shall we go?"

"Everything for you," we say goodbye and we leave going to our work.

I arrive at the clinic I say good morning, drink some coffee and go. Like every day that starts at the vet, I start by checking the animals that are being treated. So let's see who is in the cages. First, we have Loko, the 15-year-old male cat, who had an abscess of the left anal gland. His wound has healed almost completely. He will take antibiotics for a few more days and then go home. I say and my assistant Andy notes. Next to him is the young and handsome Fru Frou. After an adoption, which did not go so well, he returned and is looking for his new home. He will be sterilized and we are waiting for someone to take an interest and adopt him. I continue after checking the treated animals, we have the first-morning appointment. It is about 10 o'clock and a young woman with a cute brown puppy in her arms walks through the door of the vet. He had just taken it and wanted to get his first vaccine. I explained to her that since the puppy has it in her hands for only a few hours, it is not right to get the vaccine directly. We will have to wait a few days to make sure he is not a carrier of a viral disease. If the dog does not have any suspicious symptoms after a week, then we do the first vaccination. For now, what we need to do before entering the house, is the deworming for intra- and ectoparasites. After we weigh it, the new owner puts it on the table, I spray it with a special spray for ectoparasites and I give it the paste for endoparasites by mouth. He does not like the process very much, but little Max (that is his name) endures it all.

The next one is my favorite Rambo, who always sets my mood. A young pit bull, is the most benevolent dog I have ever met. While he has a difficult time with chronic otitis that afflicts him, as well as with an operation to remove the external auditory canal, he nevertheless enters the examination room with great joy and jumps alone to go up to the examination table. The reason he came is his annual vaccine, but with such a history, first of all, I check his ear. After the otoscopy, I find that it is in very good condition. No further treatment will be needed, so I get the vaccine. As usual, Rambo stubbornly refuses to get off the table to leave.