Dozing

The carriage rides over a dirt plane, as party is asleep inside.

'You know. I always did want to be an adventurer.' Owl is heard. 'That I'd become a famous hero and save everyone in the world. Be like the heroes from the old stories. From what I know, Owlfolk don't become adventurers, even when they integrate into human society. So I'd be one of the first... but that dream died when I lost everything.

Though when Slayer came back, he gave me a purpose. A reason to continue chasing my dream. I wonder, if mom and dad were still alive... What would they think of me? 

...A blind Owl, is a dead Owl... 

.

.

.

A young Cow Girl, Goblin Slayer and Owl sit on a fence. Owl's black and white hair flows in the gentle breeze as he brings his feather flaps up and down.

"I'm gonna go to the city!" Cow Girl starts. "I'm gonna go to my uncle's farm and help one of the cows give birth. I'm going all by myself, too! And once I'm done helping, I can go shopping in the city. My mom gave me some money. I wonder what I should buy. Is there anything you two want? I'll buy something for you?"

"No." Slayer immediately responds.

"Oh, I want a rabbit." Owl says as he blinks his yellow bird-like eyes. "I like rabbits."

The Cow Girl smiles, and then turns to Slayer. "There must be something. I mean--"

Slayer interrupts. "I told you, I don't want anything." He hops off the fence.

Cow Girl frowns. "Why do you have to say it like that? I just wanted to buy you something since you've never been to the city..."

"Shut up! Just go to the city or wherever!"

Cow Girl hops off the fence. "Why are you getting mad?"

"I'm not mad!" Slayer shouts.

"Yes, you are!"

A teenage girl comes over. "Now, now."

"Sis..." Slayer says.

The Owl hops off the fence and walks over to his friends.

"You shouldn't be fighting." Slayer's sister says.

"We're not fighting." Slayer defends, and he looks to Cow Girl. "Right?"

"Y-Yeah..." Cow Girl responds.

"But you two-" Owl starts, but Cow Girl puts a hand over his mouth.

"Shhhh!"

The teenager leans down to her brother. "What happened?"

"It's nothing." Slayer claims.

"Alright, then."

"Albitti!" A female voice yells from a building down the road. "Lunch time!"

Owl smiles as he hoots. "I gotta go, see you guys later!"

Owl runs away, but his head turns 180 degrees to face them as he runs.

He enters his house to see his father at the table, writing something. His feather flaps are standing up. Then he sees his mother walking to the table with several dishes in her hand.

His mother's head spins around and smiles as she sees him. "Albitti, come let's eat!"

"YAY!" Owl runs over and sits at the table with a smile.