Chapter One: Arrival

**ART NOT MINE**

enjoy :)

The bus rattled along the winding country roads, carrying the reader away from the bustle of city life and toward a new beginning. Pelican Town awaited, its sleepy charm a stark contrast to the urban chaos left behind.

As the reader stepped off the bus, they took a deep breath of the fresh country air, feeling a mix of excitement and uncertainty. Carrying a few belongings and a heart full of hopes for a fresh start, they glanced around, taking in the quaint surroundings of the small town.

Pelican Town was smaller than imagined, but there was an undeniable charm to its simplicity. The distant sound of birdsong, the gentle rustling of leaves, and the distant hum of a tractor in the fields felt strangely comforting.

Navigating the town's narrow paths, the reader found themselves passing by JojaMart, the corporate giant that stood in stark contrast to the idyllic nature of the village. Something about it made them uneasy, prompting them to hurry past toward their new home: a rundown farm left to them by a distant relative.

Upon arrival, the sight of the neglected farm was overwhelming. Weeds ran rampant, the old barn sagged, and the fields lay fallow. It was a daunting task, but determination flickered within the reader.

Just as they began to survey the land, a gruff voice broke the silence. "You must be the new farmer." Turning around, the reader came face-to-face with Shane, a local resident whose demeanor seemed as weathered as the old buildings around them.

Shane's expression held a mixture of curiosity and something else—guardedness, perhaps. He offered a terse welcome before quickly excusing himself, leaving the reader to ponder the encounter.

As the sun dipped low, casting an amber glow over the horizon, the reader couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and trepidation for the journey that lay ahead.